What is true beauty?

We live in a body obsessed culture. Men and women both feel pressured to have the perfect bodies, and we believe so many lies about what a perfect body is and what defines beauty... But what is the true definition of beauty?
What is true beauty?

Most Helpful Guy

• The people i find most attractive, are the people that inspire me the most, i remember going to a conference, and there was a girl that wasn't very attractive, but her words, and the way she talked about the topic made me feel in love with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder- old but true saying. I think everyone's beautiful to someone. It's hard to define beauty, because like many here already said, it's subjective and can't really be measured.

Scientists have proved that people often find some personalities and some attributes are more appealing than others though, and that symmetric faces/bodies are attractive, that's why lots of people find models hot. How come so many "average" people still are in solid relationships then? Because a person can be beautiful in a lot of ways, not just at first sight. Beauty can't be defined. And when you fall in love with someone, that person is the most beautiful person on earth.

What Guys Said 14

• Health is about the closest thing to a universal standard. It's also what I think society should focus on above all else: healthy, active bodies.

• Harmony and balance.

• Physical attraction is needed, that is part of beauty and u need that in a girl I don't feel ashamed or shallow it's natural.

• A well rounded person, which is educated, intelligent and smart. For me if the girl is also into sport, she's the one. Oh yes, and the desire of self-improving is essential

• charm. which means - i like her above her religion, weight, whatever and make me think unicorns, marriage etc and ejaculate rainbows and candies

• we dont live in a body obsessed culture.. we live in fat hell.

• Women

• Tks for the like!
      I truly believe Women are the most beautiful of all Gods (natures) creations

• Soo subjective, too many answers here :p

• A symmetrical, strong jawed, full bearded face and an up turned nose. This is male facial beauty.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• I am

• "True"? Scotsman!

• True beauty is fat #LoveBBW

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• No one can say exactly. That's same as question " Who's the most succesful person" cause no one knows and it is impossible to compare. Today I was talking with my friends about our "ideal" partner, we all said different things about their appearance. We all had different perception of beauty. What I think is beautiful for me may not be that beautiful for them.
    Still I believe that beauty is the charm, charisma and strength coming from inside. I have seen people who were not pretty but I couldn't stop looking at them cause they were beautiful.

• I believe true beauty comes from the inside not the outside, sadly no one sees our interior. So people judge based on what they see. It's very sad.

• something that gets your attention?

• There's no such thing as true beauty because it's subjective.

• Beauty is health. People who are healthy are beautiful. Its one of the more basic instincts of the human brain

• Yea, how come noone ever talks about faces. whats the perfect face? beauty is subjective, it really is

• The true definition of beauty = individual perception.

• me :P

• Great question!

• My family says that straight hair in general means your a beautiful person, or if you look mixed your beautiful.

To me I think healthy people with healthy teeth are beautiful.

• I am so beautiful, sometimes people weep when they see me. And it has nothing to do with what I look like really, it is just that I gave myself the power to say that I am beautiful, and if I could do that, maybe there is hope for them too. And the great divide between the beautiful and the ugly will cease to be. Because we are all what we choose.
    —Margaret Cho

• You aren't very beautiful cause you didn't put anyone of black skin tone in your people rainbow.