How to deal with being insecure?

Throughout my whole life I have been made fun of because of my eyes. I have been called walleye, gold fish, and buggy. I have huge eyes, but I don't see it that way. I look at myself in the mirror and see myself as a normal looking person. I have been called handsome, but I am so insecure, I can't believe I am. If someone even mention something about eyes or a fish or bug, I start to feel insecure. For example, today my professor mention a celebrity with walleye and people laughed. I didn't. I pretended not to here what she said. I'm not sure how to deal with such a thing. Since, it is college not much is said about me. Nor, do i socialize as much. But I do know I have a problem. Is there any one who had or is dealing with such high level of insecurities? If so, how do you deal with it.

What Girls Said 1

• I honestly don't have any tips other than just know you are beautiful. When you do meet someone that loves you as well, they will love you for who you are, they will love every little detail about you.

What Guys Said 2

• Just stop it.

• Am sorry to say this but people are always gonna make fun of you if you don't put them back. I wish I stood up for my self back in high school. To me the solution is for a guy like you is just pure viloence because violence solves things not negotiations. Just build up some bottle are start chinning people who ever mentions it, it will end your suffering.