If skirts/dresses are meant to show off the legs then?

why wear leggings? I don't get it. I mean some of the fashions with it I think are OK. but others not really. but why, I mean aren't you defeating the purpose?

Most Helpful Girl

• we don't only wear clothes to turn on men especially ones we don't know. that's crazy, no girl gets a skirt and is like "i'm going to show off my legs to all guys" we buy what looks good and what's in style. leggings are a style. that we like. sometimes we even wear clothes that WE like that make US feel good

you keep talking about, look at it from a guys view,...but guys are not the ones buying the clothes. we have nothing to do with how you feel, its about what we like when we pick out our clothes.

• And what men see you in...

• I don't give a f***. I wear what I want. if you don't like it oh well.

• And that in a case is what we see on you

What Girls Said 9

• leggings are hot to me. for some girls its just a matter of warmth but for me tights and leggings are a fashion thing. you can wear lace leggings or colored leggings to add a certain style to a dress or skirt. there are so many ways to go about it. for example I love black lace leggings and I wore them last weekend with this really pretty white dress and heels to go out with my friends. the color contrast was beautiful and the texture was brilliant.

leggings have to be one of my favorite things out these days :)

the main purpose of skirts is not to show off legs though that is part of it. its a formality in some cases and a fashion choice in others. some women like the look of skirts opposed to worrying about getting jeans with the perfect fit. there may be a multitude of reasons for wearing dresses and skirts these days that go far beyond "oh oh please sir look at my legs!" no.

• Are you dumb? Women do not wear skirts for men nor do they wear them just tok show off their legs. Some women may but not all women do this. I am a woman who does not do this. If it's cold out I don't wear a mini skirt. In the summer then yeah I'd wear one without any leggings but it definitely isn't for the benefit of guys. I wear them because I like it not because men like it.

• Ur thinking about it in ur pov. try seeing it from our pov

• Then he isn't a man

• LMAO. YOU aren't a man. Learn how to treat a woman.

• Because it's cold outside... like freaking cold! lol

Plus girls who wouldn't be as daring with the shortness of their skirt might go a little shorter with leggings because they feel "protected"

AND, there's also the fact that it looks good! :)

• As I said, some of the legging fashions are ok others arent, imo

• I think I prefer no leggings or tights. It was the trend and now people are being optional about it I think

• I've seen a lot of comments here where you say to look at it from he guy's point of view. Okay, so guys like skirts. I understand that.

But look at it from the girl's point of view. Girls wear what they think looks good. Girls who wear leggings with skirts do that because they think it looks good. Not every girl wants to be seen as "easy access".

The purpose of a skirt is fashion. The point of leggings is fashion (or if it's cold, for warmth). So no, the leggings don't defeat the purpose.

• When I'm wearing a miniskirt, I wear leggings when it's cold out. Also, it makes it so no perv will try and look up your skirt, because he won't see your underwear, he will just see leggings.

• Then ur defeating the purpose...u wear em because its the whole danger of whether we'll get a glimpse or not

• That's not why we wear skirts...

• To a girls view its a piece of clothing and a fashion sense, to a guy its EASY ACCESS and having the danger of "seeing something" look at it from both points of view, be open minded...

• idk, I used to wear skirts and leggings, but I'm not a big fan of it anymore, id rather just save my skirts and shorts for hot days and wear em like theyre suppose to b no leggings lol

• I never wear leggings but I'll wear tights with dresses frequently in the winter. I never ever wear anything under them during the warmer months, but the purpose for tights is warmth, for me anyways. Also, if I'm at school I have to abide by the stupid bullsh*t dresscode.

• uh cause its still winter ? and it's effin cold outside.

most girls don't like wearing just skirts unless there mini.

• Funny you should mention mini, there was an anon. user who just posted about being a bit heavy and trying to wear a mini. many of the anon. answerers said go with leggings. or don't wear the skirt at all. why buy it if you want to show off the legs

• No your not shallow

ahah I'm pretty sure most girls

would agree they wouldn't wanna

see someone over weight suck it all in

to wear a mini skirt.

• And yes I get the whole "outside and cold thing in the winter" we're human..not polar bears lol

yeah I wouldn't think girls would want to see that

What Guys Said 1

• Skirts aren't meant to show off the legs, originally their function was to obscure the crotch (where pants outline it) and direct the eyes to the wearer's face.