Do Photoshopped Images Make You Feel Bad About Your Own Looks?

How do you feel about this kind of altering of photos of models and celebrities or who-ever loves changing their looks using Filters, Photoshop etch...
I found myself a couple times looking at photos going wow IF ONLY!
Do you agree with those who want to label retouched images like these because they may promote unrealistic expectations of appropriate body image and contribute to eating disorders?

Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I think photoshopped images of perfectly wonderful looking people creates an ideal that no one can attain. Do they make me feel bad about myself? No, because they aren't real. Do they make other people feel bad? Yeah I'd say so.

The problem is that these images make real bodies seem less attractive. I also don't understand why we must put out the "best image". Take Eva Longoria for example. The woman is beautiful, she's gorgeous just the way she is but she gets photoshopped to look slightly slimmer, her boobs slightly bigger, her skin totally flawless and slightly more tanned... so what we're seeing is almost an artists' interpretation of Eva, how they think she could look better... but there was NOTHING wrong with Eva in the first place... we're not seeing real people, we're seeing images that are based on real humans. I think it's sad that even these beautiful women with their gorgeous bodies and looks... even these women aren't good enough. And who decides what IS sexy enough? Not us... but we all buy into it.

What Guys Said 6

• Nopez Lopez.

• Seems to be a girl thing this is.
      http://i.imgur.com/MMdocdc.jpg

• @helloitsmethere same with me... I also didn't care about my body till someone told me as a kid I am starting to get fat. I am not even fat. Just got the curves on at the right places.

• @helloitsmethere yeah it's sad. Adults should know better!

• No I don't give a shit. I assume people who pile on makeup and use heavily edited pictures are pree uggo.

• naw. Women don't seem to be a fan of them apparently.

• yeah I hate it when they change their image. Just be real :P

• Ha, as if women have it hard. All you have to be is skinny, while guys have to have ripped pecs, a 6 pack, a v-line, big and veiny biceps/triceps/forearms to be considered as models.

• Nope

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• It used to but now it doesn't. Everyone looks good in a photoshoot with photoshop so it's unrealistic to hold yourself up to that.

images.f169bbs.com/.../...in-london-oops-11335.jpg

www.ousive.com/.../...-photoshoot-for-nylon_05.jpg

That's the same woman.

• Nah, I truly from the bottom of my heart do not care. This is probably because I don't idolize beauty. Many women and young females worship beauty like it's some type of God, some teacher to take notes from, and their self-worth crumbles if everyone doesn't give them an A+. There's this obsessive adoration over beauty and reaching beauty. Idolatry is bad for you. I don't need a picture to make me feel beautiful because I aim for that beauty that could still be seen by a blind man.

• I have noticed I was that way, was always worried about how I look and how people see me, but since I started accepting myself and just really be myself I noticed my view of things also changed. so I was just wondering. thanks for your opinion!

• I think we've all been there at some point but it's so important to unchain our minds from that. At the end of the day, life is more about what you can do, what you can contribute, and how you can impact the lives of others, not how nice you look in a picture

• Fortunately not. I am perfectly happy with my body which is the opposite of the magazine model.

• No, because I know they are edited.

• Everyone knows they're photoshopped so who cares anymore?

• Nope! It doesn't bother me. If someone edits their photo, I don't care. lol

• I don't really care about it. Never have.