My boyfriend wants me to get a pixie cut, but I like my long hair. Should I cut it for him?

My boyfriend keeps telling me he wants me to get a pixie haircut. I have mid-back length hair and I really like it, but he really, really wants me to cut it. He won't stop asking. He says he will find me more attractive if I cut it. I want him to find me attractive. Do you think I should cut it? My hair does grow pretty fast.

• Yes
  • No
  • No opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him to fuck off about it and keep your hair the way you like it

Most Helpful Girl

• No please don't cut your hair or change any part of yourself just because a guy wants you to. It is ridiculous. Hair is important to a lot of girls. Makes them feel good when it looks the way they want it to look. Even if your hair grows back quickly, it is the PRINCIPLE (did you see that Friends episode with Ross and the party?) of the thing. Be yourself!

What Guys Said 9

• You should like your hair the way that you feel comfortable!! If he really likes you, he will figure out how to adore you, just the way you are!!

• Grow a spine tell that MOFO no. These bastards need to realise it's a relationship... not 50 shades of grey. :v

• Try it one time and see the results. of you dnt like it or he doesn't like it then dnt do it again

• I think it's okay for him to suggest something and you can decide whether you want to do it or not. If you like a certain hairstyle you can give a suggestion too, it works both ways.

• No don't cut your hair if you don't want to. He should be attracted to you the way you are if he is your boyfriend. If he asks again just tell him it's your hair and you'll make the decision.

• i would like to see this question with a guy and a beard.

• What if you guys break up?

• Oh God no!!! I hate pixi cuts!

• Don't do it if you don't want, I mean you don't have to. BUT then, DON'T come to him and ask him to do whatever you would like him to do either.

Say NO, it's okay. Don't expect him to say YES to something you ask for.

What Girls Said 24

• hell no!! >:(
    its YOUR HAIR he can't just tell you to cut your hair as he wants

• No, pixie cuts are awesome if you have the face for it but only cut your hair when YOU want to. Never because anyone else tells you to!

• It's your hair, if you don't want to cut it don't. Since you love your hair long and you cut it off you'll be very sorry and may even cry. Been there done that!! It took me almost 2 years to grow my hair bavk out from a pixie cut and it went through a chili bowl faze too. Plus my hair is really curly so it was a horrid experience. I've never had shirt hair since then!

• Never cut your hair for a boy. Ever.

• Pixie cut? He is rare. Most guys would prefer their girlfriend to have long hair. I wouldn't do it for him. You shouldn't do something that you don't like.

• Don't do it.

Buy a pixie wig and don't tell him... Just wear it.. And see how that goes 😁!!

• If you don't want a haircut, you're not going to enjoy the change. It'll bother you and you won't be able to have fun with it. If you want to humor him, look at pictures of different styles and see if you might actually want one of them. But don't get it done unless you actually want one.

• #NO

Its your hair you like it long, leave it.

• Only if you like it too. Photoshop a pic of you to see if it fits your face.

• No, don't cut your hair for a guy especially if you like your hair long and want to keep it long. I wouldn't be doing it anyway if he wants someone with short hair he can go look elsewhere.

• No. Tell him to go find him someone that has a pixie cut already.

• Dude, it's your head. You like your long hair. He could dump you 5 minutes after you get the pixie cut and then you're stuck growing it out for years. Please yourself before you try to please anyone else.

• Noooooo! Don't do it

• It takes so long to grow it out. Take it from someone who's been there but will never have hair shorter than my ass crack ever again!

• Hate to tell you this, but you lose so much collagen during menopause that there's a very distinct possibility that you'll end up with ratty gnarly witch hair if you keep it long. One of my professors (who cannot realistically be much older than 60) looks like a strega because her hair is just past her collarbone.

• @LaVilaine ugh! I was afraid of that. Well, if it starts lookin bad, I'm cuttin it!

• Don't do it. He just needs to adjust.

• No f*****g way

• no no no! Its your hair! your choice! ;)

• Dont cut your hair for a guy, not worth it

• Yeah, shave your hair off for him and if he wants you to get a tattoo with his name... do it!

• Not if it isn't your choice

• Oh my god nooooo

• Cut it hair grow anyways.

• It's your hair, you're allowed to do what you want with it! Don't cut it just for him, especially so drastically. You need to feel comfortable, not him.

• F*ck that.

• you're boyfriend is an idiot. If he asks you to shave your head next are you going to do that too? If he doesn't find you incredibly attractive now, then what the hell is he doing with you? Don't stoop low for some dude. You're better than that.