What are your opinions on tattoos ladies?

I'm getting 2 tattoos pretty soon but was just wondering what are your thoughts when you meet or talk to a guy with a tat? I would like to add that I am getting them because of what they symbolize and mean, one is a tribal with my initials its in my pics (if you can guess what they are I'll give you a treat haha) and the other is a cross with my grandfathers name inscribed inside across.the cross lol, anyways but one thing bugs me and its the people who get tattoos because they like the way they look, to me those people are retarded I don't know why but I hate it when you get something that means absolutely NOTHING, anyways just my two cents on that haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Steven08, I like tattoos. I have two, a chilipepper that was designed for me and barbed wire

around my ankle. That means something totally different than over 98% of anyone would

think. My daughter has three on her back. We also have piercings, not overloaded, but like

in ears & tummy. We dress normal, not like sluts, etc. My older brother has tattoos on his

arms and they are great! Even my mom likes them. So, basically what I am saying is that

it is the manner in what you could and display them. If you are getting them for you and not

to show off, which it sounds like to me that you have intellect when it comes to tattoos, you

would be an awesome person to talk to and get to know. Stick with the intellects.

What Girls Said 5

• I think tattoos are very sexy, but only when they are in appropriate places and aren't everywhere! I don't judge people based on whether they have a tattoo or not. You could be just as nice as a person without a tattoo - if you want to get one, by all means go for it! Lots of girl love guys with tattoo because of the classic "bad-boy" look and I think it'll look great. So go for it!

So, yes, I think a couple tattoos here or there are great!

• I totally agree with you on the whole "people getting them when it means nothing to them" thing.

And I think it's "beautiful".

I know it's an odd word to describe it as, but when they actually MEAN something to that individual, it's "sexy".

Also, I hate it when boyfriends/girlfriends get tattoos of each other's names and end up breaking up. You look back 10 years from now and have like 6 girl's names crossed out, with the newest one underneath.

But I understand why people get them, *sigh*.

[[And I want to say one of the initials is "G", but I'm not sure, but I love the design.]]

• Yea that's one thing everybody should learn is to never get a tattoo with your boyfriend/girlfriend name on it I mean if it was of your daughters name or one of your loved ones then yea by all means but for someone who can just leave you anytime but not really because of their name on your arm? haha plain stupid

• OK, so I think that tattoos are very sexy. I really like the way sleeves look and stuff, but that's just me. I'm in the same position as you. I have several tattoos and I'm kinda wondering what people think of that. Like you, all of my tattoos mean something to me, some of them are symbols of my faith, etc. But ultimately, it's permanent, so you have to get it for you, ya know?

As someone else said, it's "beautiful" when guys have tattoos that mean something to them. It just is, straight up. :D

• i feel that the body is a temple and should be treated as such. I would say its cool as long as it really means something and you can stand to see it for the rest of your life.

• I think it's cool when a guy has a tat, as long as it's well made.initials : c and h? :D

ps. I'm one of the "retarded" people :)

• Lol I don't want you to get offended or anything :) I guess you could say it all started with my friends cousin she has a tat on her wrist that is 2 diff-colored stars intertwined, I asked her what it meant and she responded with "i just got it because it looked good" I was like wtf? hahaha but yea

• Hah yea I guess it can sound a bit stupid sometimes. And I don't get offended that easily, it's just your opinion and you have a right to say it :)

What Guys Said 0