Girls, Help , I ruined my hair!!! What should I do?

My hair was naturally straight and I have dyed it multiple times but without bleach just dark Browns now it is not soft anymore I want my old hair back !!!

I haven't bleached my hair

21

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't fix your hair.

And yes, there are lots of conditioners, serums, and shampoos that promise permanent reversal for dry hair in need of restoration. It's marketing! Think about this- hair is technically dead and has no nervous system, blood, or cell regeneration. Because hair is not a living tissue with regenerative ability, it cannot heal. You can use oils, conditioners, or hydrolyzed proteins to disguise the issues temporarily but it’s akin to using make-up, products improve the appearance but they will wash out and you are back to the original problem.

Well formulated, natural conditioners, oil treatments, and masks can absolutely improve texture and appearance and offset more damage with protective ingredients and products, but these products that make our hair soft and shiny, must continually be reapplied to maintain the results.

Brittle locks can be softened and made to appear less damaged by using natural oils and humectants. All of this temporarily smoothes and seals down the cuticle and creates the appearance of healthy looking hair. Dry/damaged hair can be properly rehydrated and softened temporarily by penetrating plant oils and locking in moisture with such oils as almond, marula, coconut, hemp, jojoba, tamanu, evening primrose, apricot and argan.

• sorry but I think I can fix it because I only dyed it dark colors without ammonia or bleach of any kind and i don't put heat on it.

• I think she's gonna have to cut it, too.

What Girls Said 20

• hey, i dont know if you have been using permanent hair dyes, if so stop now and go on to semi's if you need to keep dying. you can use a few things like treating your hair with coconut oil or hot oil treatments. after washing towel dry and apply lots of coconut oil not the roots as not necessary but above to the ends and wrap your head in a plastic bag to enhance the heat leave on for upto an hour if you can, you will need to wash again and condition with normal conditioner. you could do this at night then shower in the morning as usual. i would treat the hair with this or hot oils at least twice a week and also buy some quality hair serum and apply mid lengths to ends when wet, blow dry on a cold setting and apply another very small amount after to mid lengths and ends. the reason for the lack of softness is the hair shaft follicles are dry and turned up you need to get them to lie flat, also always cold rinse your hair after rinsing out your conditioner, this causes the follicles to shut down and lie flat starting the smoothing process before serum smoothing and cold blow drying xx hope this helps

• Been there when I bleached mine. Yes, I'm aware yours wasn't bleached.

- It's damaged because of the repeated dyes.

Your hair just needs some rest and love. Go to your/a salon and explain what happened. They'll recommend a deep conditioner for you.

It will go back to normal over time.

• Condition well after you shower... do NOT use hot irons or anything like that... no blow-dried no curling no straitening... after you shampoo, rinse with cold water... hot water helps exfoliating your scalp... cold water simulates the cells and helps growth. After that, with your hair still. Very wet, almost dripping wet... run your fingers through your hair with conditioner. DO NOT BRUSH wet hair. It will break easier... and give you split ends... i suggest getting 2 inches cut off. You probably already have split ends... very damaged hair is prone to splitting... after conditioner... do that towel tornado ontop of your head... so water doesn't get everywhere... and leave it there until dry, or until not dripping. You should do this every time... also, put coconut OIL on the scalp and tips. i hope it helps..

• You can't have your old hair back unfortunately 😔 The colour damages the cuticle causing it to become roughend and raised. I suggest you trim your hair, have regular treatments and avoid colouring you hair as much. Also I would only wash your hair 1-2 times a week because when you wash your hair you strip the hair of its natural oils which coat the hair protecting the hair this is why the hair becomes dry.

I recommended the Naturica repairing deep mask I've been using this on my hair over a year now and it has helped a lot. My hair use to very dry and damaged from using heat and applying colour. I decided a year ago to cut it into a lob, I started using this treatment once a week , I take my vitamins containing biotin and I've only dyed my hair twice. Since then I've no split ends , my hair is soft and easier to manage and it's grown the fastest I've ever seen it's now down to my waist.

• Your hair needs treatment. Use
    static.sampleroom.ph/.../sr_ptn001_s2-500x500.jpg

• How often do you wash your hair?

• every other day

• Maybe cut down to twice a week, and use dry shampoo in the meantime. Or you can switch to cleansing conditioner and only shampoo once a week (I just started doing this and love it).

• ok thanks

• Cut it, a lot. After you cut it, use coconuts oil on all your hair like a mask one hours before clean it.
    The most important things is to use natural product. Your hair will grow fast and be like they used to be.
    I know it because my sister do the exact things as you dyed her hair too much.

• You should probably deep condition the hell out of it.

• I'm so sorry hun but you have to chop it off if you want your old hair back. Once it has been heavily manipulated, it's unlikely that it will revert.

• stop using chemicals on your hair for a LONG time and use oils on your hair

• Use hair masks. My favorite is avocado, mayonnaise, and an egg.

• Use a keratin biased shampoo and conditioner to make the hair very shiny and soft, also use hair serum or make your own by either using olive oil, avocado, jojuba or coconut oil. Don`t shower with very hot water.

And please STOP using heat on your hair.

• Stop dying your hair. Trim off split ends. Use Argon and Castor Oil on your hair. Stay away from heating tools so it can be healthy again.

• There is nothing that you can do, just keep cutting it when it grows out.

• Shave it and wear a gig until it grows back

• Wait it out or wash it out

• Coconut oil. You may have to chop it off too.

• Leave how it is and if some one has a problem. Slap them. It works every time

• ıt's a bit difficult... you must use soil oils

• which type of oil exactly?

• sorry ı mistyped - not soil -- some that was what ı was going to write
      umm like - sweet almond oil that's the most common one used for hair

• Cut it short or into a pixie so your natural hair will grow back. Thats why you shouldn't dye or bleach your hair too much cause it will surely damage it.