Are attention seekers born or made?

You see a plenty of attention seekers not just on the internet, but in real life. If you give them attention, they become crazier and crazier to the point of where that individual's mental status becomes largely questionable.

My question is, if you give attention to a non-attention seeker (such as always complimenting them on their looks/behavior), will they be able to handle all the attention, and not go crazy? Or will they turn into an attention seeker?

Are attention seekers made or born?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's both. Some people just like to be in the middle of things and some people have to push to be in the middle of things.

If you give too much attention to a person who's not an attention seeker, it will make them uncomfortable so it would be rude to continue.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well babies are annoying little attention seekers to a point, then kids usually are as well haha.
    People usually grow out of it for the most part I think, on social media though holy shit...
    Well if someone complimented me all the time I wouldn't look for more compliments. It's more people who have nothing going on and see followers/likes as some form of validation.

What Girls Said 1

• Made. Made. Made. Made. Made.

What Guys Said 2

• Oft, made.

• i think they are made by circumstances