Do you think that girls who dress promiscuous are slutty?

So my SO told me that he thinks it's slutty when girls wear booty shorts or dresses/tops with a really low cut back
he thinks those women have no self respect and says that they don't even look attractive to him
I honestly agree
what happened to modesty..

Girls who dress totally revealing obviously do it to attract guys attention and to feel good about themselves..

Most Helpful Guy

• You just answered your own question

Most Helpful Girl

• You can group all women in one basket.
    People dress provocative for different reasons.
    Some women do it because of low self esteem. They need constant attention from others in order to feel good about themselves and to seek male attention.
    Others do it, because that is their clothing style, they love their body and showing it off (they have high self esteem).
    It can really go both ways here...
    Slutty clothing doesn't equal slut.
    I've seen some of the biggest sluts that were girls who I would never think (They dressed conservatively).

What Guys Said 7

What Girls Said 17

• Not necessarily. I don't think that men should have conditional respect for a woman based on what she wears. Nor do I think that women should agree with the silly idea that their worth and how much respect they deserve is based on how they dress. I still respect guys in skimpy clothes lol I don't lose respect until poor character is displayed.

Plus for some girls, like myself, EVERY pair of shorts looks like booty shorts!!! 😌 There's no hiding this booty!!

• I respect your opinion, but guys can't really dress skimpy.. they don't have their asses or dicks hanging out.

• You've never been in the city around where I live lol Guys where I live will walk around TOPLESS, having their hard ass nipples staring you dead in the face! They're just clothes... I don't see the big deal lol

• girls who dress way too revealing bring bad image to themselves.. but its their choice so.. idc

• I won't have this body forever. As long as the important parts are covered, I see no issue with dressing how I want.
    Although I would never dress slutty and then complain about being stared at or hit on. If you dress that way, you sort of expect that to happen.

• that's a stupid judgement to make. yes, that is the stereotype, but it doesn't mean they're all like that.

i do agree that modesty looks sexier than revealing clothing though. it leaves more to the imagination and keeps em wanting more. ;P

• I am extremely promiscuous but you'd never know it by the way I dress most of the time. However there are times when I will go out to the bars barely covered and asking to be used like a Slut. Normally I'm dressed in a business suit or a dress suited to an office profession even though I'm down to fuck in a moment's notice.

• yes...

• I think those things look trashy and common, but I don't think it says THAT much about the girl. Yes, it may say she wants attention, but you can chalk that down to insecurity more. Other things that type of dress could reflect are socioeconomic and class factors, aka not being raised with a knowledge of what is "good dress." Eg: you're more likely to see new-money or newly-arrived girls dress that way (unless they're the molly-popping festival chick of the family)

• I don't believe that "slutty" is a dress code and as I just said on another questions I don't view bodies as inherently sexual.

• Nah.
    Kinda dumb for someone else to assume another has no self respect just because they don't have the same morals or way of thinking as you.

• I wear what I want regardless of what others think. I wear both but what do u expect when it's literally 104 degrees. And the way a girl dresses does not define who she is. Idgaf about modesty. It's the one thing I'll never have to worry about. I look attractive when I wear them. So yeah. I'll wear it as long as it's designer brand.

• and what's the matter in wanting to attract guys and have their attention? Everyone do what they can do feel good with themselves. Some criticize other, some wear revealing clothes.

• Tbh, I often find that the opposite is true.
    ie: Most are super conservative.

• Its more of a confidence thing to me

• Lol nope

• Women should be able to dress however they want. I will say that the way you dress will obviously bring a lot of judgement, so women need to know that how they present themselves affects how people view them.

• And the ones who doesn't dress like that are nuns right? Makes no sense to judge someone by the way they like to dress themselves lol

• They're not nuns, but at least they're not screaming for attention.

• Honestly, no, it's not at all clear what the question means.

Besides the problem with "dressing promiscuous", there's also the problem with the question itself. "Are they slutty?"

Like, are you asking... whether women who dress a certain way actually FUCK a lot of guys? (If so, the answer is "not necessarily; there's no strong correlation.")

Or are you asking whether they're soliciting cheap or tacky attention?

Or are you asking whether they have weak convictions and would give in to random temptation easily, against their better judgment?

Or or or or?

No, it's not *at all* clear what the question means.

• @redeyemindtricks I'm sorry the shoe fits :-*

• No, I don't.