To the tall guys, would you rather date someone a lot shorter than you or closer to your height?

Blablabla, I get it, most guys like short girls. But most guys are like 5 foot 9. So if you were taller than that would you still like short girls or would you prefer girls closer to your height? I'm 5 foot 9 (I'm a girl) and I have a crush on someone whose like 5 foot 10 but I'm afraid he doesn't like girls around his height. Also there was this guy who was like 5 foot 8 and I liked him too until I realized he was completely disgusted by me because of my height... and it hurt pretty bad when I realised that... (yes he was DISGUSTED by me even though I was really nice to him, I get the top grades (I got the academic award and the honor roll), my friends say I look better than average and I got first in the nationals in a type of sport and went on the news (CBC) aND then he goes says im disgusting just because im 1" taller than him aND then i decided that im never gonna lIke him again). (my friends called him a jerk and a player since he litterly flirts with every single girl he sees) Tbh. I pretty much instantly like anyone who is taller than me or around my height, bUT where i live there's hardly anyone. What about you?

• closer to my height
  • a lot shorter
  • don't care

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6ft 2 or thereabouts and I'd definitely be attracted to girls who were smaller as opposed to taller than average height. It's not to say I always prefer small girls but if there were two girls of exact same attractiveness but one was shorter than the other I'd be more inclined to go for her. Think its a dominance thing and it just makes you feel more masculine around a small girl.

Womens height to men isn't really as much of a deal breaker as mens height would be to women though. As long as she isn't freakishly tall or small then it doesn't bother most guys. Guys care more for body type/ facial attractiveness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only the insecure men would not date a woman closr to his height. It's a bummer when it happens, but you deserve someone who doesn't give two fucks if you're taller so... if he's not into you just because you're tall, time to find someone who isn't so insecure.

I'm 5'9" and I get guys from 5'3" to 6'7" approaching me.

• I think @redeyemindtricks would be better at answering this question.

• @Youusername I like as close as possible to hairless, actually. But, I have girlfriends who like hairy guys and find that to be masculine.

If you are the anon 25-29 who is CONSTANTLY asking questions on here about body hair... dude, please stop.

• @redeyemindtricks haha hmm just by adding that you have female friends who like very hairy men because it's masculine won't make me feel better or feel good.
      I know most women feel like you only

What Guys Said 32

• Height just has no part to play in whether I like a girl or not, and I'm 6'3"! Short girls are cute, tall girls are elegant - what's better? I love tall girls for their long legs and they make great dance partners, but I love short girls because they are easy to spoon and I can pick them up and throw them around (in a loving way). My last girlfriend was 6'1" and I couldn't pick her up easily (she was even slender, just heavy and cumbersome). I'd like a girl who I can put on my shoulders and cart her around as I please ;)

• I'm 6'2, I don't really consider height in a woman. I've run the gamut from probably 4'11 to 6'0. I was attracted to all of them, they all had some positive quality to offer as a result of their body type👍 Doesn't really matter to me.

• I don't really care. I'm 6'3 so most women are significantly shorter than me, anyway, but height isn't a big deal to me. I guess if she was TALLER than me, that might be an issue, but not because of any insecurity... I just don't find VERY tall women all that attractive.

• Does 5 foot 9 count as too tall?

• @Emmdk unless she's so short that things become difficult then I wouldn't have an issue at all 😏

• @AARON9890 haha okay :) thanks

• For me it is not an issue I think about - I am 5'9 so I presume a lot of girls would be taller than me in heels.

• Honestly, I prefer a girl closer to my height than a short one.
    I'm somewhere between 6'2" and 6'3", so I'm not really super tall anyway.

• (That's definitely above average, love)

• @LaVilaine I guess when you go to an all boys school, your idea of average height becomes a bit skewed :p

• If I was particularly tall, it'd be the same as my current average height.
    I'd date a short girl if she was strongly my type on the inside, being what matters most, but would greatly prefer someone at least roughly my height.
    I'd really like a tall girl. I think tall girls are hot. But again, height isn't priority one.

• I'm 6'3" and I think the ideal height is about 5'4" for a girl... I don't have a problem with a little shorter or a little taller. I'm not a fan tall chunky amazon girls or anorexic looking bean poles that so once women get to a certain height they sort of looking funny to me.

• I'm only 5'11, but I wouldn't mind dating someone that's 5'0 or someone that's close to my height. I'm pretty sure I like someone for more than just their height

• My last relationship was with a girl 1 cm taller than me lmao, height doesn't matter much unless the difference is too much.

• Where do you live? 5' 9" is shorter than the average male American. I don't mind a height difference but I'd prefer if she was shorter.

• Well I am 5'8 so yeaa I would date a girl closer to my height.. But it all depends on the girl... I mean I don't wanna date a Midget but someone who is like 5'4 - 5'7 is OK for me

• Give me tall girls.

• I wouldn't give a fuck if she was a lot taller or a lot shorter than me. In the past I used to like women around my height, now I just don't care anymore.

• My wife is a foot shorter than me and she fits perfectly while we snuggle.

• I am 6'3" so there are not many women who are my height or tall. So I don't care about it too much.

• I found someone on ChristianMingle and she is 4'9. That's pretty short but it's okay.

• I don't care

• Closer to my height is better I am 6'1

• Don't care, I'm 6'2" and dated someone who was 5'9, and 4'7 before. Doesn't matter.

• whats with all the height questions. if their cool il date em, i dont care if your 3' or 10'

• very short in my opinion is very strange with hugging stuff

• 0|0
  • Tall men are most insecure about dating tall women.

• Why? :o

• I think it's because they're so used to being taller than everyone, so they don't like it when a woman is close to their height.

• It's not that important

• great height for a girl

• It shouldn't matter if the guy really likes you.

• first of all, what do you consider tall? im answering this because i think im tall, but maybe you wouldn't cosider me tall...

secondly, i voted ' dont care'

• How tall are you?

• WoW! That's tall <3

• lol thanks

• Guys get insecure and feel intimidated and jealous by tall woman and to make things worse you are good looking and intellectual as well, so any guy is bound to feel scared and threatened by you.
    Am glad to hear you didn't friend zone a shorter guy!
    Good woman

• I do have a preference for short girls but too be honest if a girl is sexually attractive to be woth a nice personality it doesn't matter. I have dated tall girls in the past and had great sex with them, I've dated girls with big and small boobs, different races, different religions and it doesn't matter as the saying goes "they are all the same when you gey them on their backs"

• im 5'9, prefer girls that are closer to my height. She can be taller too, just not tower over me.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 8

• That guy was a jerk. You deserve someone who isn't intimidated by your height. c:
    And I'm not a guy but I don't care about height either. My first crush was like an inch or two shorter than me. I'm 5'3" if you're wondering so I guess that guy was really short but like he was super funny and nice.

• I still feel like punching him... apparently everything is perfect about me to him EXCEPT that I'm not skinny like a model and I'm 1" taller than him... :(

• Thanks though, but now I feel so worried that my next crush (5 foot 10) won't like me because I'm too tall. I'm not taller than him at least. But I'm not as skinny as those models. And apparently tall people are only attractive if they are skinny... I hope he likes my brain though...

• Are you still in high school? Maybe you just need time to mature. When you get to college there will be plent of guys who want to date girls like you. And as for now, don't worry about things with your new crush. Take things as they come- no need to get worked up about something that hasn't heppend and might not ever happen. And its funny you mention this skinny stuff LOL. The last guy I asked out was 6'2" and really thin and honestly didn't think he was very attractive physically but he was funny in a sarcastic way and super smart so I fell for him pretty quick.

• You need to move on. It is better you find out now what kind of jerk he is and waste anymore time on him. But everyone has there preference. I am 5ft 2 and my boyfriend is 6ft 2. He likes short women. But there are lots of guys who love tall women... probably more so than like short.

• i guess they'd prefer closer to their height

• My boyfriend is 6'4". One of the first things that he asked me (as we met on Tinder) was how tall I was. He wasn't interested in dating someone a foot or more shorter because he's "getting a bad back in his old age." --> direct quote

• I think most guys prefer girls closer to their height.

• That dude is stupid for rejecting you due to your height

• Doesn't really matter. All guys are different. Some like girls who are closer to their height and others like way shorter. Trust me, I'm 5'0 and my fiance is 6'1 lol

• If I was a guy (I would've been a very tall guy) I would've dated someone closer to my height.

• What's your height?

• @Youusername No I'm not comfortable. sorry

• Whu sorry?
      Even I am not comfortable around taller woman and I don't even talk to or smile with them.
      I am very cold with tall women