Girls, How do you prevent razor bumps on your bikini line?

No matter what, I always get razor bumps and scars shaving my bikini line (upper thighs).
I exfoliate, use a clean razor with soap and warm water, and use an astringent after which helps a little. But it's always too ugly to wear a bathing suit.

What techniques & specific products do you use? thnx

22

Most Helpful Girl

• my skin is super-sensitive and i'm allergic to both nair and wax, so neither of those is an option for me.

if you're stuck shaving, lather up and make sure you only move the razor in one direction (the direction that the hair grows in). also, change your blades regularly~ i use gillette sensitive with aloe vera; it has 5 blades and i can still get a close shave without completely destroying my skin.

if the skin does get irritated, i have aloe vera cooling gel (the same most people use for sunburns) to calm things down.

What Girls Said 21

• I don't have that too often but when I do, I put some baby powder on it, usually works wonders for me.

• I use an aloe vera based shaving cream for sensitive skin and i shave with men's razors, i used to shave with soap as well, but I've seen improvement since i started using shaving cream instead, but i don't shave my bikini line with razors, i shave it with one of those electronic razors. Which doesn't cause bumps or rash at all. It does cut me some times but that's all...

• Umm tweezers, duh?

• Its important to stretch the skin to make it smooth and to use a razor soap that has a good glide product in it. I personally don't use foam, but an old fashion male shaving soap in cream or stick format.

• Sometimes acne face wash makes the bumps fade. Have you ever considered the cream? Like Nair?

• just don't use a razor, you can wax or use waxing stripes
    I bare

• use have to make sure your razors are always pretty new. And use a good quality moisturizing lotion. But it's mainly a dull razor that causes that issue.

• Always have the too after shaving I just make sure to really enjoy exfoliate down there and apply moisturiser afterwards it helps.

• I self-wax. Painful, expensive at first, but worth it when you learn. I don't trust the sanitation in most waxing salons

• I use Nair.

You can try sensitive marked products

Make sure you shave in the direction the hair grows

• Sometimes you just have to accept your sensitive skin, which sucks I know. I ususally trim mine with an electric razor because my skin is so sensitive, I would suggest that

• I have the exact same problem girlie!! In the end, I'm just too fly to care.

• I can't shave at all so I just leave it.

• I don't get them

• I have a Brazilian wax every six weeks or so.

• Wax it. Then you're only irritating the skin every 5-6 weeks. Use hard wax. Its very easy to do yourself or go get it done the first couple times maybe. Ask if they use hard wax though!

• Never shave lmao

• Get a wax bud

• I wait until the end of my shower because this way the shower is steamy and the follicles and pores are more expanded. I use shaving cream and sometimes I put lotion on after I'm done. I got really bad razor burn when I first started, but now I don't get it.

• I still get some, but when I lather up the shaving cream and shave in one direction slowly, it has caused less irritation and bumps.

• I self wax, and when I do have ingrown hairs I use the acne spot treatment or a antibiotic cream, like neosporin.