Most Helpful Girl
I wrote most of this stuff on another question, but, it's relevant here.
I've had mid-back / waist length hair for most of my life, but, I've also my hair as short as less than an inch long (zapped with a no. 4 clipper -- a lot like Natalie Portman's when she had short hair). So, I've run the whole gamut.
Here are my experiences:
When I've had SHORT hair, I've attracted men who:
• Are much less traditional (duhhh)
• Are MUCH more sexually aggressive -- this is easily the single most noticeable difference
• Talk to me more like I'm a "bro" -- are more blunt with me from the start (which I appreciate)
• Don't have preconceptions about women
• Are younger on average
• Make the most -- and the most interesting -- conversation
When I've had LONGER hair and I've worn it DOWN, I've mostly attracted men who:
• Are most "traditional"
• Talk down to me
• Want to throw money around
• Are older on average
• Are less sexually aggressive
• Don't want to involve me in the things they do
• Make the least conversation
• Often, are from other countries (men from other countries NEVER hit on me when I had short hair or a ponytail)
When I've had longer hair and I've worn it in a PONYTAIL or UP, I've mostly attracted men who:
• Seem to have lots of stuff happening in their lives
• Are sporty/active
• Want to involve me in the things they do
• Talk less, do more
• Are very busy
These patterns have been very consistent throughout my whole life.
You are 15 years old.
As with almost everything involving teenagers, you will probably just experience an exaggerated/distorted version of what I described above. Here's what I would PREDICT:
• You'll attract "rebel" boys -- rockers, skaters, musicians, stoners, druggies, etc.
Short hair on a girl is a sign of rebellion, since it's so "standard" to have long hair. So... you'll attract boys who like that.
This also depends heavily on yr hair and makeup, too, ofc.
• You DEFINITELY won't attract "traditional" boys.
Unless you are VERY athletic, you probably won't attract as many jock types, either.
• You'll also attract boys who associate with various parts of the political left -- vegans, LGBT-friendly boys (including ones who are straight), etc.
• In my random observation, black men seem to appreciate short-haired women more than men of other races... so, if that's true at yr school, you may attract more black boys too.
• You should get good at makeup, and have FUN with it! Remember, yr face will ALWAYS be on display --2
- Show AllShow Less