So.. I'm thinking about cutting most of my hair off, but i'm weary that anyone would like a girl with really short hair. Can I have y'all's opionions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wrote most of this stuff on another question, but, it's relevant here.
    I've had mid-back / waist length hair for most of my life, but, I've also my hair as short as less than an inch long (zapped with a no. 4 clipper -- a lot like Natalie Portman's when she had short hair). So, I've run the whole gamut.

Here are my experiences:

When I've had SHORT hair, I've attracted men who:
    • Are much less traditional (duhhh)
    • Are MUCH more sexually aggressive -- this is easily the single most noticeable difference
    • Talk to me more like I'm a "bro" -- are more blunt with me from the start (which I appreciate)
    • Don't have preconceptions about women
    • Are younger on average
    • Make the most -- and the most interesting -- conversation

When I've had LONGER hair and I've worn it DOWN, I've mostly attracted men who:
    • Are most "traditional"
    • Talk down to me
    • Want to throw money around
    • Are older on average
    • Are less sexually aggressive
    • Don't want to involve me in the things they do
    • Make the least conversation
    • Often, are from other countries (men from other countries NEVER hit on me when I had short hair or a ponytail)

When I've had longer hair and I've worn it in a PONYTAIL or UP, I've mostly attracted men who:
    • Seem to have lots of stuff happening in their lives
    • Are sporty/active
    • Want to involve me in the things they do
    • Talk less, do more
    • Are very busy

These patterns have been very consistent throughout my whole life.

__

You are 15 years old.
    As with almost everything involving teenagers, you will probably just experience an exaggerated/distorted version of what I described above. Here's what I would PREDICT:

• You'll attract "rebel" boys -- rockers, skaters, musicians, stoners, druggies, etc.
    Short hair on a girl is a sign of rebellion, since it's so "standard" to have long hair. So... you'll attract boys who like that.
    This also depends heavily on yr hair and makeup, too, ofc.

• You DEFINITELY won't attract "traditional" boys.
    Unless you are VERY athletic, you probably won't attract as many jock types, either.

• You'll also attract boys who associate with various parts of the political left -- vegans, LGBT-friendly boys (including ones who are straight), etc.

• In my random observation, black men seem to appreciate short-haired women more than men of other races... so, if that's true at yr school, you may attract more black boys too.

__

• You should get good at makeup, and have FUN with it! Remember, yr face will ALWAYS be on display --

• always always always. You will NEVER have the option of hiding yr face behind yr hair (unless you want to wear a wig lmaooo). So, if you like having fun with makeup -- which I'd guess you might, given the hair coloring -- you could go CRAZY with short hair.

• If you have "resting bitch face", you'll look hot as fuck with short hair. Intimidating, perhaps, but... hot.
      Trust me on this one.

• Having the back of yr neck exposed, in general, is AWESOME when you're around yr boyfriend. It's like a constant open invitation to come nuzzle his face in yr neck, breathe on those sensitive parts back there, and... turn you on <3

• Last not least... there are absolutely boys/men who adore short-haired women. My husband is one of them -- his love of short hair pretty much approaches fetish status, lol.
      And... most importantly... if a boy is into you, he'll be into you, no matter what length yr hair is.
      End of.

Tx for the MH luv <3

And it looks cute!

What Guys Said 11

• i rather like short hair on girls but it does depend on the person's face

• Your hair looks great in your pic. I can't much see your face or any of the rest of you, but you probably have some ugly parts growin on ya somewhere. Have you got s big nose, or really skinny boobs. If you do, then lop one of them suckers off! Keep the the good/lookin parts and chop off the ugly ones! Life is simple if ya just let it be!

• I like short hair on women.

• I'm not a fan of short hair on girls, but it depends on your face and the haircut... it can look good.

but difficult to say without seeing you

• I like the short styles, my favs actually.
    But you will get something like

65% prefer long
    10% prefer short
    25% will say it depends on girls face

But what matter's is you to explore your own ways.

• Short hair doesn't work on women.

• honestly i dont really like girls with short hair i love long hair its cute

• Yeah... do it. Go ahead and completely fuck up your fragile psyche, then spend the rest of your teen years seeking validation from average men.

• Don't cut it, long hair is beautiful on women.

• I don't even know who you are. And why shouldn't she cut it just because you think long hair is beautiful on women. What if they don't want that

• For... . Better think of a better argument next time. Bye xxx

• i wouldn't like it, but, im 12 years older than you, so, it doesn't matter what i think, right?

• If it's other people's opinions you are worried about, you have other issues to deal with.

Cut your hair however you wish.

What Girls Said 10

• Cut it if you want. You could always grow it back if it looks bad besides it's summer. Just start at shoulder length first that way if you don't like it your hair will grow back sooner. Not everyone can pull off a boy cut. Mine is shoulder length and layered for a classy/artsy look.

• When I was 17 or so I shaved my head. Regretted that one big time. I hated having short hair. Just be sure.

• If they can't accept you for who you are inside, fuck them. They should take you at your 'worst' even though short hair isn't your worst if you get me. Go for it if you want, you'll look hot af

• Babe I'll like you either way 😘😜

• Just give it a try. Life is adventure. And photoshop a pic from you to see the effect.

• If that's your hair in the profile please don't cut it off it's amazing. You look gorgeous. If you do decide to cut it though, please leave the color the same.

• Don't cut it. You will regret it and in no time you'll be trying to grow it back out. That seems to be the usual protocol anyway.

• I suggest that you don't cut it. Especially if like @outmyroom said, if it's your hair! Maybe cut it medium length, like just before your breasts?

• I have short hair and a lot of people like it. Though I cut it off because it was getting in the way of my job, and most people respect that, even if they don't like short hair.

• If you have very feminine facial features then yes, you'd look good.