Girls, is there any solution to wearing jewelry (earrings in particular) that cause the skin around them to not turn red?

I really love these pair of earrings I got as a gift but they aren't real silver/gold. When I put them on the area of skin around my lobes turn red. :(

Is there any way of stopping this from happening other than avoiding fake silver/gold costume jewelry/earrings altogether?

• Yes - give details.
    33% (4)
  • No, I don't know of any tips. Sorry.
    67% (8)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same problem. My earring holes will bleed if a cheap metal is in them. The only solution I have been able to find is only wearing sterling silver or gold earrings. It sucks because they cost a lot and there are so many cute earrings I can't wear, but such is life :-/

What Girls Said 5

• No, if that happens you likely have a slight allergy to whatever material they're made of. I'm allergic to nickel which is in most metals so I can only really wear real gold or sterling silver and things like that.

• I read that applying Vaseline on your earlobe can help or applying a layer of top coat to the part of the jewelry touching your ear. Not sure if it really works though

• It's caused by an allergy to the material. If you wear them enough, eventually it should stop affecting you. Alternately, there are solutions that look like clear nail polish that you can paint onto earrings.

• yea... apply a coat of clear nailpolish on the part that will be in contact with your skin

• I am sorry, but I think you should avoid wearing them because you're allergic.