Do brown dress shoes go with a black leather jacket?

I've read conflicting views on the issue online. My girlfriend is the type that would say looks ok even if it clashes. Anyway I just bought a new black leather jacket for the fall/winter and am trying to figure on if brown dress shoes are ok for date nights and other nights we go out for dinner and drinks with friends to nicer places. Casual wear wise I'm covered but this is stumping me. Any suggestions or you POV on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think brown shoes are ok with black leather, i'd have to see the outfit though

• I'll PM you the links if I can. I'm not high enough of an xper to put links on this page.

• Well, a pair of black wingtips would be de rigueur for more dressy occasions (and can be pretty awesome if you unexpectedly throw them together with a ratty t-shirt and light-colored jeans)... but, beyond that, I couldn't really say without knowing a lot more about yr personal style.

• @redeyemindtricks haha I dress well enough that I don't have ratty tshirts. I dress age appropriate. I usually do a majroity shopping at banana and ralph lauren. Not that European weird style they have but. I stick to that type of style.

What Girls Said 16

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6d69367e4f.jpg

It's not a bad look. I think it's easier to pull the brown jacket/black shoes look, but the brown shoes wouldn't look bad. Just choose your shirt and pants well.

• Ok. You think a darker brown would work though? Wish I knew my shades of brown to give you a better idea haha.

• I definitely think you could make it work with darker. Though I wouldn't go all black like the guy in the pic with a darker brown. Maybe throw in some dark blue, or hunter green with it.

• No I have plenty of other stuff. I don't do black dress shirts or jeans. I'm also not going for the Johnny cash all black look.

• Brown, and black are colors that can pretty much go with anything. So you're on the safe side.

• Honestly, that would totally work. You don't need black shoes to wear a black jackt.

• Well black goes with everything, but as for dress shoes brown isn't the most famous color to go with a leather jacket. I would be opposed of this.

• Nope, in my opinion, they'd clash big time. They're one of those colors that never go together. o. O

• Depends what's on your legs since they will be near the shoes and jacket.

• Dark jeans

• I wouldn't look like a fool. Just seeing whether or not it clashes. I have what both look like under the convo with cocochanel.

• COCO is pretty savvy on the fashion front, if she's cool with it then it probably looks alright.

• I would not wear black and brown together

• Depends. Are they light brown or dark brown?

• Dark brown. I have a pair of black dress shoes but there too much for a dressier night out for dinner and drinks. I'm trying not to buy another pair of black dress shoes either unless absolutely needed.

• Yeah it can work

• What colour shirt and trousers would you be wearing with them?

• Usually I do dark blue jeans and dress shirts are interchangable. I can color coordinate shirts for the brown shoes. I have enough options between sweaters and button ups to cover wearing brown shoes. The problem is does is look bad or not ad good wearing the brown shoes with the jacket.

• No they won't look out of place with your jacket, however dark coloured trousers should be complimented with dark coloured socks and shoes.

• black outfit =black shoes

• It's not a black outfit. Only thing black is the jacket. I do dark blue jeans and a button up or a sweater, neither black.

• @redeyemindtricks I thought it was strange they said their age, they're stuck up and where they shop. Then I looked into in more and they are either a huge whore or a guy trying to get a rise out of other guys.

• Yah some funny shit 😂😂😂

• yes, with some dark jeans and a nice shirt would look really good

• I say if the jacket has some brown

• No brown at all, just black. The actual jacket is listed under a convo with cocochanel on here below.

• It'll only work if you mix in leopard print!

• Hmm, yes it can look good. I need pictures to decide though.

• Try black dress shoes or tennis shoes

• I have casual shoes for casual use. I needed an opinion on if it worked or not. Black would be convienent but i wouldn't mind avoiding the price for a nice pair of black dress shoes at this time.

• Not dark brown. But you get away with a light tan

What Guys Said 6

• Generally you need some contrasting shoe color, and brown doesn't contrast well with black.

• it works...

• Yeah your good.

• my word... fashion dictates two simple footwear rules.
    1. no sandals and socks
    2. no brown shoes... ever

• I believe they do.

• fuck no