Girls, why do most of you wear crop tops and cover the midriff with high waisted pants/shorts?

(I don't want you to think I'm dissing on your fashion preferences. These are just opinions.) Personally, I like seeing girls wear crop tops that reveal the midriff, because I have a thing for the female midriff and belly button. It's just something I find super attractive (so please don't think of me as crazy/weird/creepy/whatever the word is.) Girls have been wearing crop tops that expose their midriff before, and it was a popular trend. But why changed it up and cover it with high waisted pants/shorts? If your uncomfortable with exposing the midriff, why not just wear an ordinary T-shirt? I think it's pointless to wear a crop top if your just gonna cover the midriff with high waisted whatever.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• hi, this makes me smile as a much older than you person lol, its just a fashion season reason, the high waist look is considered in at the moment. personally for me it just takes me back to the awful eighties when the high waist was aroung and the hipster look hadn't appeared and i happen to agree with you, long after i could get away with hipster type shorts or jeans, mores the pity and thanks to my giant babies, i see young beautiful girls with figures to die for covering up. id be like get me the lowest waisted items available the ones that would cause car crashes hahaha

What Girls Said 10

• I wear crop top and high waisted shorts all the time because it looks super cute plus it's super "in" right now.

• I like crop tops in the summer but I do not own a single pair of high waisted shorts or pants, never been a fan of those

• I think sometimes people do this because they don't want too much to show.

• Dude, everything isn't a math equation. If I find a crop top that I think is cute, I'm gonna wear it. But, alas! I have a beer belly, so I can't show my midriff (or just don't want to show much skin), so I wear high-waisted jeans.

Also, it's just a cute outfit.

• I have no idea why girls rock that style. I see girls with bodies to die for and they wear these disgusting high waisted shorts, I'll never understand it. To each their own i suppose

• I wear crop tops and short shorts pretty much all year. I mean if you have a nice body, why not show it off? Plus, its nice to get guys attention.

• When you eat your stomach usually becomes bloated, meaning that the way you look in a crop top before dinner and after dinner are VERY different. Lots of girls are just self conscious of their stomachs.

• I wear crop tops and low waisted pants/shorts

• Because it looks cute.

• I don't like that style at all. not against it anyway.
    some girls look pretty cute wearing it but personally, it's cuter without the high waisted something. (if you're fit as hell ofc)