Should I try cutting my own hair?

I have been trimming my hair periodically for years and once tried cutting some layers in it years ago, which turned out okay. My hair has some curl to it, so it hides most small mistakes.
I haven't been to a hair salon in years. I always went to the cheap places to get it trimmed, and it always turned out okay, but I felt like I did just as good at home for free.
But now I want to cut off a few inches and get layers again. Trimming it is easy and hard to mess up, but cutting off some length seems intimidating and a lot easier to mess up. I also straighten it sometimes now, so I can't really rely on the curls to hide the mistakes.
I think if I was careful I could do an okay job, but I don't want to really mess it up. At the same time, I hear other women tell horror stories about going to salons. I don't have a lot of money and am not willing to spend a fortune on my hair, so I would be going back to a cheapie one. Do you think I should try to do it myself or go ahead and get it done professionally?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say no... But if you're confident and do it while any walk in places are still open have fun. I don't think a haircut is super expensive unless you get some crazy hair dying and shit?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel confident that you can do it, go for it. I've been cutting my hair on my own for the past 4 years.😉

What Guys Said 2

• no, you might get it wrong. Leave it to someone in your family members if not professionals

• Go to the professionals. You'll end up going anyway if you mess it up so you might as well go

What Girls Said 2

• no.. get it done professioanlly

• I always do that and I like the result.