Is model skinny really THAT attractive?

Such men look anorexic and.. not so manly lol. Also, having barely any fat is not good for your body when you're ill and you don't feel like eating or you can't keep down food. In my opinion, model skinny is unhealthy and shouldn't be viewed as a target to work towards and idolise.

To put things into perspective:
a) skinny, no muscle.
www.malemodelscene.net/.../...odelSceneNet-091.jpg
b) muscular (clearly on steroids here), but no fat.
scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../..._1337316067_n.jpg
c) athletic and natural
i.istockimg.com/.../...o-46932604-handsome-man.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• With the pictures you put up I don't mind all of them. Model skinny isn't always unhealthy, there are many people who are naturally skinny. When I see a skinny person I never think "they probably don't eat anything at all", not true at all, seen many skinny people eat like a pig. Also seen many healthy looking people eat a whole lot of junk food so they aren't necessarily healthier than everyone else just because they look it.

• Oh and also, many guys with low fat/steroid look, look like that because they are having a photo shoot or a body building competition. I know my SO only went low body fat mode when he was in a body building competition, then went back to more healthy body fat levels when the competition was over, he also does the same when he knows he has some photo shoots coming up later on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love skinny people, no fat, but muscles are ok.

What Girls Said 10

• ah, manorexia... no more attractive than the women who are so emaciated that you can count their ribs through clothes.

i like when a man has a little bit of meat on his bones. that way, he's cuddly... with the added bonus of me not getting stabbed in the chest repeatedly by his clavicle/knees/other un-fun pointy bits.

• My boyfriend is very skinny... Very and I find him very much attractive. It's the way he is naturally. I wouldn't change a thing.

• not to me, but i wouldn't brush em off solely because of that. that's unfair. everyone has substance to them, and that deserves to shine even when physical preferences dont.

• I like a men with a good posture and a fit body. I never found attractive an anorexic looking guy or a body "made out of steroids"... just... NO! You have to train because is healthy and because it makes you feel good and look good. Most models are full of steroids... not nice.

• a man* (sorry)

• If you look at b), you'll notice he has some gynaecomastia lol. That complete lack of fat is just straight up unhealthy.. and it's all just so they can show off definition of facial features and muscles - at their own expense.

• The first one looks good, though. The second... OMG! NO! And the third is realistic and looks good to me.

• As long as he doesn't weigh less than me, I'm totally fine with skinny dudes, and skinny doesn't automatically mean unhealthy. Also, having a ton of muscles doesn't automatically make a guy "manly".

• Some girls are more into muscles while others prefer the skinnier guys. Some of them look unhealthy to me but I have seen others who look healthy and attractive while still being on the skinny side. I prefer fit guys though.

• I like the skinny guy best :) I don't find b attractive at all!

• It's only for clothes to fit. No guys generally like adequate titties and ass

• I don't find it attractive per se, but if I got to know the guy and that's just how his body is (very high metabolism) then I can't judge. Same if he was chubby. If I liked him, I'd date him either way.

• Male models are hot

What Guys Said 1