How do I stop wanting to be pretty/being vain/self-obsessed?

Hey, so I'm having a bit of a problem here. I know I'm pretty (NOT TRYING TO BE AN ASS OK) but the problem is I see all these people and I'm constantly obsessing over their looks, what I can do to make myself even better... I don't feel insecure at all, just this super strong urge to be like those celebrities & it's not really healthy.

is there a way to stop all this because Google isn't really helping and I don't know what to do about it

2mo The problem is not my insecurity- it's more of me just wanting to "improve" myself in an borderline obsessive way based on this certain girl celebrity and I can't control it. I don't think it's super serious that I need a therapist or something, but it's a little weird and I kind of need advice on how to handle it, those who have these problems are more in love with some famous person which isn't what's going on here.

What Guys Said 2

• It's awesome to want to be pretty. Just do it in a healthy way without eating disorders and exercise and you're good. You should always tell people how awesome you are. Some will believe it. Then you'll feel awesome.

Being beautiful is like being intelligent. It takes hard work and you have to be born with the right kind of predisposition for it. The difference between beauty and intelligence is that beauty is awesome, intelligence is useful.

Don't do any plastic surgery, especially breast augmentations. You'll never achieve true beauty with those. They'll fill up a dress but true beauty feels right.

• close al the social media. stop looking up on internet - start working out harderd than ever, change your diet and just stop looking for validation through your looks. thats what a hooker would do, and you're not one for sure :) hope it helps

What Girls Said 0