Do you shop at thrift stores for clothes, or do you shop the discount racks?

So where do you usually shop for your clothes?
I usually shop at thrift stores!
what do you think of people who shop at thrift stores?

• yes thrift stores!
  • nah walmart or discount racks

Most Helpful Guy

• Department stores. Thrift stores are good for the occasional find -- sometimes you can make really good finds, even designer brands -- but I would never make the thrift store my primary source of clothing. I like Nordstrom, Kohl's, JCPenney, and even Target. Sometimes Express Men, but only for nicer things.

• I would rather shop at the thrift store than Walmart. Who purchases clothing from there? Walmart is the worst place for clothing. It tears, wears out easily, is cheaply made, and downright crappy. At least Target clothing is decent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I shop at both. I shop in most clearance racks because usually there is some pretty good stuff in there! And I love to go to thrift stores and shop as well. I think there is often a stigma attached to people who shop at thrift stores.

When I was in high school, I would often shop at thrift stores (because I had little money). A friend of mine got angry one day and told me that I was taking things away from poor people because I was shopping at the local thrift store. Even though the local thrift store operates so they can fund a food bank and clothing drive for those less fortunate.

I think a lot of the opinions or stereotypes people place on thrift store shoppers is misguided.

I'm a big lover of antiques, and I love buying decorative stuff for my home. I also love finding cool accessories and one of a kind pieces. I have had a lot of luck thrifting over the years.

I also find clearance racks to be great too. Especially at the end of the season. I recently just purchased some things from a clearance rack. I got a few maxi skirts that were nice colours for the summer\fall season. They were on sale because they were summer stuff, I only paid 10 bucks for them. and they had the same skirt selling for 16 in the regular clothing section. Sometimes it helps to look around the store. Similar stuff is sometimes less expensive.

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 18

• Are thrift stores like charity shops? I shop there sometimes and usually buy cheaper stuff on sale if I can.

• I've come to the conclusion that's what they are, but minus the charity.

• I buy quite a lot of clothes in charity shops (second hand shops/thrift) and I buy clothes online and occasionally in the store. I don't get why everyone wants to wear the same clothes though, like people all shopping in the same stores... buying the same dress and shirt and all looking like good little citizens... I don't get it but oh well.

• I also shop at thrift shops :) In the shop where I go, they also sell new clothes for verrryy cheap.

• Yes. It saves you a lot of money and you find as good or even better sometimes things than what you'd find at a regular store

• depends on what i am buying. i like a few classic pieces.
    more trendy stuff i get from H and M, Banana rep., loft, here and there that have small sizes...

sadly,.. i prob. can't never wear heels again.

my little sister likes to shop at thrift stores. she is taller, easier to find her size there.
    i have gotten a coach belt from a thrift store

i think they have good taste in clothes and the body shape to fit in them.

• I've been in both and purchased items from there.

• discount racks and wherever there's cheap clothes ;) as long as they look nice

• Sometimes I go to thrift stores, but I have a hard time finding things that fit outside of a few select stores. Most clothing isn't made for women with hips, at least not here.

• I have never been thrift stores. I wanted to check out one a month ago

• online private sellers
    select shops and boutiques
    department stores

• Both of course

• Both, I shop everywhere.

• I like thrift stores but we do not have many of them here.

• i only buy my clothes from branded stores

• I don't shop at thrift stores or at Walmart for my clothes.

• I love a bargain. I've got £180 shoes for £20 and things like that- brand new, not thrift stores. I like thrift stores for the random items you didn't know you needed til you saw it.

• BOTH!!

• Sometimes Nordstrom Rack and places like that, that have clothes for sale at a discount.