What does "heavy make up" look like?

I saw this question about if heavy make up worn every now and then was a deal breaker, and about 70% of guys said yes. (as of question submission)

So, what IS heavy make up? What's too much?

I just want your honest opinions, so, no anon answers :)

Oh, and to make everything as fair as possible-I've used 1 woman as the sample, Kim Kardashian. (since preference might sway the answers if the women are different)

Shows no make up as visual reference since I can't show what just mascara... just lipstick... just concealer etc looks like (I have to put 1 picture for each poll option) Pick this if you think ANY make up is too much-option 1

Guy-what does
Covering acne and darkness-option 2
Fresh faced-added blush and a light lip color, maybe a little mascara-option 3

A little glam (more mascara, a bolder eye, a bolder lip color, usually not in combo)-option 4

Full glam (many bold elements together)-option 5
ENJOY and no fighting!

• Any at all is too much (ANYTHING, lip gloss, mascara, concealer, any is too much)Guy-what does
  • Enough to cover acne/hyperpigmentation/dark circles (foundation, concealer)Guy-what does
  • Enough for a fresh face (possibly light blush, a little mascara, and a simple lip color)Guy-what does
  • A little glam (prominent eye shadow, winged liner, red lip-usually not done in combination)Guy-what does
  • Full Glam (many bold components used at once)Guy-what does

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly don't care about makeup UNLESS it will rub off.
    So if it rubs off when on me when we are making out or something.
    That is where I need to go shower right away. but I really don't mind any other.
    No makeup or a lot of makeup doesn't bother me

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously the last one is a bit too much for everday wear lol. But it's nice to wear heavier makeup for special events. i don't know what my everyday makeup would be considered but i usually wear foundation, mascara and lipstick and i'm good to go. Though , i do think it's very childish to reject a woman just because she wears heavier makeup on a daily basis.

What Guys Said 18

• Anytime the. Asked up makes the eyes look unrealistic, or stage-ready, that is too much. Or if it makes the face look like an oil painting!

which of the above pictures looks like too much and which look really pretty.

The first one is attractive. Of course, the fact they are Ki Kardashian puts me off right away!

• For me, C) is already heavy (mascara is too much... And so is lipstick), but I'd assume people generally mean D) and especially E). (the whole winged eye and fake-looking lip color going on and eyeshadow, ugh)

Personally I don't like makeup at all, so anything more than concealer annoys me. Makeup just ruins the natural look that would actually look attractive on a female.

• anything option D and beyond is heavy makeup in my opinion

• Basically, I don't like makeup, because I prefer natural look. However, face powder is ok, as well as concealer, primer and stuff like that.
    I mostly dislike lipstick, blusher, nail polish and too strong mascara.

• A little glam for me.

Once you start putting eye shadow on and doing wings you're essentially drawing on your face at that point.

• "Enough for a fresh face" is the sweet spot I think. Going any higher and it slowly veers away from complimenting your facial features to creating an alternate persona.

in my opinion smooth skin trumps any makeup in the world.

• That lat one gets close... but this is what i mean mainly 2new2.fjcdn.com/.../...fe82fbd1f68e13819b28b72.jpg

It's usually around the eyes and cheeks when i notice it most

dude, I really hope someone photoshopped her, can you imagine in real life make up like that :o

• Example 4 is what I like, so sexy. U already know I have a lip/eye make-up fetish. ;-)

Example 5 would be too much, I just feel most women use too much compact / foundation.

• 0|0
  • Like this superintendentclownsofamerica.files.wordpress.com/.../clown-2.png if I can see it. You're a clown to me

• These are all famous models or some shit and #2 probably has 5 pounds still. B litrally looks like a photoshopped barbie haha.

• 0|0
  • its not as much make up that bothers me, in fact it does not bother me at all, its just the dramatization of it.

• Opition 2 is enough for me lol.

I think mouth looks a little bland (bc the foundation got on it) but agree, option 2 is solid.

Lol I wouldn't know my knowledge of make up is about as low as it can get lol.

• Heavy make is when the girl puts on so much makeup due to insecurity that she looks worse with it.

A girl should put on makeup to be girly. But too much makes her look insecure and sometimes uglier/ less pretty.

• it differes from person to person , for me its when she cleans her face and you dont recognize her anymore, different styles for different occasiosn... i guess the last one is too much cause even at a wedding or party it doesn't look good.

• Too much make up is when a girl looks like a little glazed donut 😂😂 or have "that glow" or cakey

What Girls Said 17

• I stay at B-C on normal days, and go up to D, pushing E on a night out.

I like the more dramatic looks for those nights, like:

www.thegenerationnation.com/.../44.jpg

😁

That's technically pretty heavy makeup, but whether it looks good or not just depends on how you apply it.

• Lmfao the guys opinions on makeup questions always make me laugh.

• As someone who works in the adult entertainment industry, I can tell you men do NOT like the "no makeup look". That's why you never see guys jacking off to women who wear no makeup..

Guys are dumb and they tend to think "light makeup" is no makeup. Every single girl looks better WITH than without, simply because the bright under eyes, full, dark lashes, rosy cheeks etc to the degree makeup can give can never be found in nature.

I personally go for "a little glam". And I'm very popular. Guys like to see a polished, feminine woman. Even if they don't realize what that means.

• Definitely the last one. That is way too much.

• i dont think there is ever a thing of "too much makeup", its just badly applied makeup that is the problem

• I'll go with full glad for most people. Once you really start to change looks, then it starts to become too much.

• Heavy make up to me is option 5, where it just looks thick and caked on. In my opinion it's not so much about the amount of products used, because you can still achieve a natural looking finish with a multitude of products, or makeup that looks very heavy with only a couple.

• A good make-up must be hard to notice and still be able to highlight your strong points and hide your weak ones.

• To me heavy makeup is when I can see their makeup. If I can see your foundation and blush caked on your skin, that's too heavy in my opinion

• I consider concealer, foundation, powder, highlighter, eye shadow, fake lashes, blush, contouring and heavy lipstick like bold red = HEAVY AS FUCK!

Have you seen those beauty gurus? They wear SO MUCH.

• I can't vote my personal opinion is there is several to much makeup option 4 and 5 and vote E is all to much makeup in my opinion , vote D isn't bad but the red lipstick is way to much.

• By the second one you can already tell it's a lot. It's made to look like it's not much but it is. She looks beautiful without but I think a lighter foundation and concealer with some lipstick and a little eye would make her look even better. All the others look like she has 10 or more layers on.

• E. When the make-up looks like it's sitting atop your face, like a mask. It's also when the first thing you notice on a girl is her make-up.

• full glam and little glam

• This is too heavy!
    http://i.imgur.com/zMGtJon.jpg

• full glam

i must say that lady looks unattractive in my opinion. especially with minimal makeup.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more