My question is aimed at people who feel like they're not physically attractive. If someone says you are beautiful (or handsome, sexy, pretty, whatever) like they mean it, does it change the way you feel about yourself? Do you 'believe' them?
- I think I'm not attractive and that doesn't change, no matter what people tell me19% (10)29% (8)22% (18)Vote
- I think I'm not attractive, but I feel better about my looks when someone calls me beautiful (perhaps I'd need it several times)44% (23)25% (7)38% (30)Vote
- I don't feel unattractive at all, but I still feel even better when someone compliments my looks23% (12)14% (4)20% (16)Vote
- I don't feel unattractive at all and that doesn't change when people call me beautiful4% (2)7% (2)5% (4)Vote
- Other/results10% (5)25% (7)15% (12)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I think that this is more for women but I'll reply anyway😂😅😅before compliments would annoy me, now these days I blush like hell😳😂😂😂😂1
Most Helpful Girl
Last week, I was walking from the gym. It was long walk, way too hot, hair disheveled, I saw my reflection of my body when I passed buildings and thought, ugh... I need to tone up real bad. Well, I was about to go into a restaurant becuase I had just missed the bus, and was going to wait. This guy in a truck pulls up and COMPLETELY compliments my beauty. I mean, he was just saying everything right under the sun and I'm like... HUH? you think I'm still pretty looking like this?
I think what tends to happen is that our own minds are our own enemy. Our thoughts and how we feel about ourselves are the only thoughts and feelings we know best. So, when somebody else comes along and says you're beautiful, it's not only shocking, but it's inspiring.1