Can this be considered a rain jacket?

I have a date tomorrow and it's supposed to rain. I actually don't own a rain jacket, and we are planning on walking a bit. This is my winter coat, would it be ok, or does it look obviously like it's made for winter?
Can this be considered a rain jacket?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like you're going to be REALLY HOT in it, especially if it's for winter.. why don't you just bring an umbrella?

• Oh I will bring an umbrella, but even then I tend to get wet and want to stay a dry for my date! But yeah it will get hot, it's actually down filled! But can you really tell that it is?

• Haha yea I definitely can..

thanks for MH, hope your date went well!

What Guys Said 2

• It looks like it's obviously made for winter.

• It looks fine. You certainly look lovely in it. 😊

What Girls Said 4

• yes it can

• It's a very cute jacket, but it is quite obvious that it is a winter coat. I'm also concerned that you would feel very hot wearing something like that. Simply using an umbrella and wearing a normal outfit would probably be fine, but if you really don't want to get wet, you should just buy a reasonably priced rain jacket.

• Sadly that is, and looks like a winter jacket.
    Why not try and get yourself a nice fold up cagoule which you could carry in your bag?

• Yeah I'm tempted to just buy a rain jacket, but I wanted to see first if this could pass, but I guess it can't :(

• umm not super stylish I'm afraid...

• That's a fair enough opinion.
      I just like being prepared for all eventualities, even if at times it's not stylish.

• It looks like a winter jacket and it looks like you'll be very warm in it.