Does this outfit look like Im trying too hard for the first day of my senior year?

I go back Monday for my first day of my senior year and I notice each year people dress more casual as you progress throughout hs. The dress posted below is the one im planning on wearing with white converse. Does it look like im trying to hard or that its too dressy for my senior year, or should i just go with shorts and a nice shirt?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes excuse me while i slut shame you... (GASP) That skirt should be below your ankles, jewelry is for prostitues, (DOUBLE GASP) those sleeves are WAY TOOO SHORT they should be at your wrists. BUT SERIOUSLY you're gonna look great your first day!!! Study hard and I wish you all the best...

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really plain and if you're wearing it with converse, it's super casual. No one will think you're trying too hard, no worries.

What Guys Said 5

• That looks amazing!!! And it will suit you fine! I think you may be thinking things but that dress is pretty!!

• It'll look cute and seem super casual, but also super girly. I don't see how you'd be seen as trying super hard.

• Looks nice. Wear it if you want

• It looks perfectly fine in my opinion. Nothing hardcore. It's modest :)

• I'm not too sure about the length. Schools generally don't like when the hemline goes above the knees, but, I don't know where it would hit on you, so, I don't know if the dress would be OK for you

That depends on the school. At my old school, the girls were wearing shorts that you could see their buttcheeks in

yikes

I know. It's gross

What Girls Said 10

• I wouldn't wear converse with it maybe some flats or sandals, and who the hell cares If they want to look slobby then go ahead but you want to look good on your first day I always tried. you got it girl rock it.

• You aren't trying to hard with wearing that outfit on your first day of your senior year. To me that outfit is more of a casual outfit, but I'm sure it'll look nice.

• looks alright

• I don't think it looks like you're trying to hard at all. Looks simple and casual.

• Lol. T-shirt dresses are super casual.

• I'd wear it with flats but all black converse would work too :)

• It looks really nice

• No I think its really cute

• Thats fine. Wear whatever that's comfortable with you.

• No, I really like it by the way.