What should I wear to an early evening dinner date?

So I'm 18 years old. It's in the UK so the sun is still shining till about 8pm as it's summer. It's at a semi casual restaurant. We are going at about 5pm so I don't know how dressed up to be, it's not day time but not night time either. I was thinking of a floral knee length skater dress with some white snake skin slip on shoes (like van slip on). I got them from river island. I was considering heel sandals but that may be too dressed up? Or maybe a midi bodycon with wedge sandals? If it was evening I would definitely wear heels but I'm not sure as we are taking public transport. I could take heels with and change into them? What should I wear to an early evening dinner date?

heel sandals
midi dress

Croc shoes

Most Helpful Guy

• A floral dress like you show is stunning! Some sort of casual shoe, like the wedges you suggest. I think heels a bit too much. Slip-ons a no-no.

Enjoy!!

Most Helpful Girl

• That floral dress is simply adorable and would be absolutely perfect for your evening out, and with those slip ons you'll be good to go.
    I do so hope you'll enjoy your evening.

What Guys Said 17

• Wear a police uniform, those are hot.

ia.media-imdb.com/.../...MDQx._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

• Midi + wedges. The colours you're wearing are not too formal so they should be fine. Wedges will be more comfortable overall.

Wearing slip-on's with a dress is an absolute disaster and you'll look ridiculous lol.

• Hey you want to feel casual and comfortable, plus you're taking the transit and will be doing some walking. So you got all reasons to wear comforatble shoes. Sneakers will do unless it's getting too hot outside. Remember, a date is wasted if you felt bad during it. And you won't feel good if you don't take care of your feet (in a health sense) :P I'd say wear something casual, comfortable, something you like. A reserved style allows you to stay visually proud and independent. Don't go for the revealing stuff some gals tend to use. A HUGE majority of guys tend to see a whore. Be confortable, and, just be you. You're apparently already liked the way you are anyway.

• That floral dress looks perfect!

• I would say the first outfit

• If it's a nice sit-down restaurant and you are comfortable in heels, then I think a summer dress and heels will work very well. Lets him know you put a little effort into it.

• How adventurous is this guy?

• If you're taking the transit and walking a bit I say avoid the heels. You don't want to be in pain or uncomfortable. Wedges would be fine though if they're more comfortable for you. Either of the dresses would be super cute and work too.

• Depends on where your going. Expensive restaurant dress nice, don't go all out , with diamonds!

Beach dinning (restaurant on beach ) beach clothes no too exposing!

casual restaurant dress casual ! :) :) :) :) :)

• Heel sandals and midi dress

• Cocktail dress, sheer black hose and heels...

• First one

• Ware what you feel most comfortable and relaxed in. Just be yourself.

• It's up to you. Not us

• Both looks good. As long as they look classy it's all good

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I LOVE that gray dress and I would probably just wear it with nude sandals or wedges because I think high heels might be a little too dressed up if the restaurant isn't that fancy. But honestly I think you should wear whatever you feel the mostcomfortable in and look your best in because that's when you will be the most confident and happy on your date !! Good luck I hope you have an amazing night:)

• Floral dress and croc shoes!