When buying a dress, what size should I pick with a very curvy body?

There's this dress i wanna buy and it is so hard to pick because I'm very curvy and the size chart is all over the place for me. My hips are a "large" my waist is a "small" and my chest is "medium". Im so confused lol because it is a tight dress and i don't want one part to be too big or too small.. the size chart are small is: bust, waist and hips are "blah blah blah inches" and im not shaped like a box lol so im small in my waist, big at my hips medium at chest..
I couuld wear a small, but my hips are too big and i dont want it rising up so a medium even though it's a little bigger at my waist would be best? Its easier for flowy dresses but this is a tight fitting one..

Most Helpful Girl

• I know fashionnova. com makes some really nice clothes for curvy women, the models themselves are increeedibly curvy. Their stuff is mostly stretchy so you shouldn't have too much of an issue with size.

Although as for the answer to your question, if its a tight fitting dress then most of the time it should be stretchy so I'd say pick medium or small (so it fits your waist). In some cases you may have to opt out since it just doesn't work for your body, if its more for rectangular shaped women.

What Guys Said 6

• Daaaaaaamn, thems some curves!

• If your hips are large, your waist is small and your chest is medium, then you're pear shaped, not curvy. Stop trying to fit yourself into something you're not.

• Do you know your measurments 36-24-36 etc? Much easier to buy based on that compared to large medium and small.

• thats the struggle with a curvy body, i know a girl that couldnt wear jeans n she only wore legging type of stuff becuz of her hips and legs

• You can always take it to a tailor so just make sure it fits your curvy parts

• Why not try it on before you buy it? Or try one in like it so you know?

It's online

So go to a store near you that sells tight fitting dresses so you know what size to get

Different brands fit differently so

What Girls Said 15

• Go with the size that fits around the biggest part of your body.

You can get it taken-in after you get it. There are some really good places that do it for a decent price.

Or, find a dress that is meant for women who have serious curves.

I know but i can't find legit sites for that

ahah I have boobs because modern science is wonderful... lol

nah, I still basically have the "fitness girl" ass -- it has a good shape because I hit leg day super hard and run hundreds of flights of stairs a week. And, childbirth and age (so far at least) have treated me VERY well.

Tbh tho, if I had any semblance of the good junk in mah trunk, I'd work out a lot less hard, and I'd totally go for the "curvy" thing instead. Because yeahhhh

Try Woman Within or Full Beauty, both of those sites cater to curvy and plus size women. There's also Catherines. I can't buy from places like Rose Wholesale or Dress Lilly. There are lots of places that have nice dresses to fit curvy women. But if you can't find anything you like on the plus size sites when you order get the size that will fit your hips and you can have it altered or perhaps even learn to alter your own dresses.

• You wanna stay clear of it... It sounds like a nightmare! If you need a large on the hips a medium will be unforgiving (especially over your lower tummy) If it has some lycra content the medium may be ok, can I have a link to the dress? I am in the same situation, small waist larger hips etc...

• I think you should try the one that fits your breasts first because I know that even if I had a small body, my breasts were big so I had to opt for bigger sizes. Mostly I'd suggest you try it out physically and if it's an online dress shop, message them, because their customer service people are very helpful with these things. Good luck finding the right size :)

• Go for a medium!!! I have the same problem. when I wear a small im always having to pull it back down which is so annoying and I think it looks better if your dress is a little bit bigger around the middle then that weird bump in the middle of my stomach doesn't show up like it always does in a tight dress.

• You could always just go with a nice "baby-doll style top" and a tight skirt. :) Otherwise... a medium dress!!

• Tight fitting, go a size up, but not too much bigger as it will hang on you.

If it's baggy around the waist could you get a nice belt to pull it in? A broad, elasticated one will really accentuate your curves.

@TakeMaker Have you by any chance read the comments made to me!

@Kaylyne most of the time... no. Haha!

@TakeMaker Sadly how right you are. :(

• What are your measurements it really easy to see if it will fit right that way. I'm 33-23-34 and all I do is check the sizing chart and see if it will fit my body. But judging by what you said if a small would fit, it's just your hips then go with a medium. But I suggest large just to be safe with the purchase.

• look for a dress with a stretchy material

• Why not do the sensible thing and TRY IT ON before you purchase it. smh

Please do not be so rude.
      How were we suppose to know it was online if you don't mention it?

REPORTED AND BLOCKED REPORTED AND BLOCKED REPORTED AND BLOCKED! Omg no one cares. Quit responding then. You need to grow tf up. You were a bitch anyway jeez

@Iwanttobealover Reported and Blocked.

• Alterations are your best friend. Pick the slightly bigger size and get it altered down

• Try it on? And every company/style fits differently in sizing soooo

• Go to a tailor and get the waist taken in.

• Lol just figure your measurements out, no one is a box.

• I would suggest finding a dress that's a medium but with a cinched waist (or maybe one with a belt). That way it'll hopefully grip you in all the right places. But I completely understand your struggle. Most clothes designers just design with the average body in mind and don't pay attention to us with a bit more difficult figure :(

• What size do you usually wear?