Do you believe in buying designer items?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope not really, rather have decent, cheap and practical clothes, especially since I'm doing stuff like fishing a lot.

I'll probably buy 2-5 designer things for formal occasions besides the suit and sports coasts i have already, but other then that ain't gonna waste my money on it.

Buying designer clothes is a waste of money, it really is. I'm talking about accessories like bags, watches, shoes...

I buy trainers and the rubber on them generally wear down or start to break after six months.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only when it comes to makeup and skin care. I feel like high end face products work better and are better for the skin. I've tried cheap makeup before and it didn't do it for me. As for face care I'm fine with using regular brands... but oh well, I'm sure that using a Dior moisturizer will feel pleasurable.
    When it comes clothes, shoes, and accessories, I am totally fine with not buying designer brands. If I like how a designer bag looks, there are stores like Mango who make designer inspired bags. When I go shopping for a bag I focus more on how it looks versus the quality. In my standards the quality should be at least decent.
    ak1.polyvoreimg.com/.../y.jpg
    Same goes for clothes, shoes, and other accessories, only as long as they look nice. They don't have to be high end and expensive. I'm more picky with skin care and makeup, because I'm dealing with skin, it's worth trying a good brand that's going to get rid of my imperfections. Plus with makeup I'm dealing with product coverage, pigmentation, and if it's free from causing skin problems in the future. So, I'm better off with using a good brand even if it's expensive.

What Guys Said 6

• No, but certain designer items actually are worth the price tag. 90% maybe even 95% of them are way overpriced tho

• I like certain brand names in particular

• dont have that much money. cheap clothes are much better

Oh no, designer clothes are a complete waste of money, I don't see the point in buying expensive clothes. If you see a clothe and you like it, if you can afford it buy it. I don't believe in buying things because they are designer.

hmm i dont believe in buying designer clothes too

• For work yes, but casually no. I wear 1 to 2 thousand dollar suits and near thousand dollar shoes to work for my image.

I wear shorts, jeans, and t shirts at home

• Only if you can afford it

• It depends

What Girls Said 21

• To a point yes. I am super cheap, and love deals. But I definitely see a difference in the quality of certain brand name or designer items. I have no problem spending money on something that I feel is worth the money for the quality and usefulness of an item. For instance, shoes, I think especially with shoes now a days, it's important to have a good pair of shoes. I will spend money on good qualities shoes like Asics or another brand name to make sure I am getting quality shoes.

I would also invest in a designer bag, well brand name bag, not something that is worth thousands of dollars. I can see why people invest in them though. Especially if they are thinking of re-selling down the road when they want to change it up.

I have purchased designer glasses (ie. Versace). I bought the frames when I got my new prescription. I do not feel bad about it, because they look amazing!

• Never understood hype around designer stuff. Only slightly lesser known Marimekko bags (a Finnish design house ) are designer stuff I really love. Their quality of cloth superb and it has really vibrant colors
    ep.yimg.com/.../...-burgundy-unikko-backpack-1.jpg

Never understood what's so special with Gucci, Armani and other designer stuff like that
    I often do street shopping and use things I bought there. Usually they last up to a year or so. Then I can buy new things and bring variety in them lol

• Yes, I have a Chanel bag and I swear it's quality is 10000x that of a Zara or H&M bag - it will probably be longer lived than me lol and that means something. It's also a good investment because that bag was a limited editon I might be able to sell it for 3x it's original value someday.

• yeah i believe in the quality of those items. some are way too overpriced though.
    thing is, you're not just paying for the quality. you're paying for the name, which is a huge part of the cost.

• It depends. I buy nice purses because I'll wear a purse for a long time and the dishonest bags last longer. I like Michael kohrs and coach the best.
    I do give into brand names too I guess- I have sperries, uggs, asics and Victoria's Secret stuff but once again it's because their stuff lasts longer and they're more comfortable.

I think it can be a good investment if it's something you'll use a lot

Exactly! That's what I'm saying, you buy it not because it's expensive, but because of it's quaity.

• I like designer stuff yea, I ve been having them since I was a kid so it s sort off my lifestyle. nothing wrong with that if you can afford it.

• no i don;t!

• Nope because I don't want to waste my money just because it's designer

It's also about quality not just the price. You can't compare an LV bag's quality a mango bag's quality.

Yeah but also about what I value/ see worth in.

• Mmmmm 🤔 If something is $2000 like a shirt it's too much for me. But I do like designer clothes, bags, jewelry, etc. when I can afford them.

Like the thing about me is I don't beleive in buying designer clothes. I'd never buy a designer top for even $500. I believe in bags and other accessories.

• No, not really. You're paying for the label mostly, although generally the quality is excellent.

Yeah, a lot of it is the label but the quality of the materials, work and effort put into it makes it more expensive. I was watching something on tv the othe day, it was saying a Chanel necklace was like $700,000, however if it weren't Chanel it'd be about $400,000.

No no I agree with where you're coming from :) Sorry the internet doesn't allow for any tone lol

Lol, it's alright! 😊

• I believe that some (stupid) people do it, but I think it's utterly ridiculous. If I was Dictator Of The World, like I plan on being one day, I'd ban it entirely. It's a waste of money.

But don't you think that some designer items are worth the money? like Gucci slippers last for years, it's not like slippers from H&M that you could use for only about a year.

Come on what designer item that's not a collectable costs $500,000? (I honestly think buying any designer item for that price is completely ridiculous and repulsive). I'm not talking about birkins and expensive things like that, I'm talking about things that you see ordinary people walking on the street with. Like an LV speedy...

I have quite a few designer stuff that I know would last for ages. I generally wear branded shoewear

• for the most part no your only paying more for the name.

• Nope, I care how it looks on me more than the name

• As an investment, yeah. Or if you can afford that.

what do you mean a s an investment?

What? why'd that sunglass thing happen lol

Between US 2 and 8.

__

Also, designer clothing in particular is just better made. As soon as you put on a genuine Hervé Léger dress, you'll understand EXACTLY why the price points are what they are.

__

The last thing to understand about designer clothes is that THEY DON'T EXPECT PEOPLE TO PAY RETAIL PRICES.

Like, basically, designer stuff is *purposely* overpriced -- because designer boutiques are almost like museums. They want you to come in and ADMIRE the pieces, in an environment that's un-busy and un-cluttered.
      They don't want the boutiques to do a huge volume of sales at regular price, because that's not the environment they want. They want people to come in and look, touch, and browse -- like museum pieces.
      So, everything is priced at a price point where very few people will actually buy it, but LOTS of people will come admire it... until it's sale time, and then it's a mad rush lol.

@redeyemindtricks lol, I knew about the high resale price but didn't know about the other things. Thanks for the information 😊

• No, I don't buy designer stuff.

• I'm all about practicality. If something serves its function, I don't really care what brand it is.

• whenever there is an expensive brand, there is a cheaper knock off that is just as good.

• I only buy designer things. It's prettier and the quality a lot better

I agree with you saying the quality is better, but not with you saying they are prettier. There are some ugly designer items, like they reach a whole new level of ugly.

The majority of designer clothes are prettiest than the cheap clothes plus the quality make it look better.

• No, I don't.

• Sure, why not?

• Only if I really like the designer or the specific piece of clothes I am about to buy. I don't care about brands being hyped though.