Do any of you guys have a wife or partner like this if so what do you do?

I have just moved in with my fiance.Its her house and absolutely beautiful.She obviously very proud of it and wants to keep it in tip top condition.She makes everyone take off their shoes at the door.She wear slippers or goes barefoot as do her girlfriends when they come.She has bought me(albeit very expensive)slippers, which I suppose is kind of cute, but my mates think this shoes off at the door thing is a little weird.I know that many women are like this.

We are both professionals in our 30s and known each other a long time, and yes I do want everything to work out.She wants to put the house in joint names, and we intend to pay the mortgage equally.So its a serious relationship.

What do I do about my mates.Do any of you guys have a wife or partner like this if so what do you do.

You girls, is my fiance right to do this, would you or do you have similar rules etc.And in reality is it that important?

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as I saw this question, I started to laugh. Is she an Asian? lol. Because I have the same rule. I make everybody take their shoes off. That way I don't have to vacuum or mop on daily basis. If you friends don't like being barefoot in the house, buy guest slippers and put them by the front door when they come in.

I once got a little upset when these people I didn't invite came in the house with shoes still on them while everybody else had theirs off. They were my boyfriend's teammate's obnoxious friends. They invited bunch of people that we didn't know, came and drank and ate all our food, went through my stuff and made rude comments. After they left, I told my boyfriend that they were not allowed in the house anymore. And it was snowy outside and it made my floor all muddy. I was not happy. lol.

• Oh god. I would have told them to leave. eeek. I'm just like you. I mean if you're going to make a mess and eat someone else's food, they may as well have stayed at home. I don't know if it's a filipina thing but if it's my first time visiting a friend's or an acquaintance's house I make the effort to bring some food with me. like a dish that I made from home or if I don't have time buy something edible from the store. I feel embarrassed if I visit without bringing anything. lol

• You should be thankful that you have a lovely fiance to come to.Most men dream of the dutiful wife waiting at home for them with their slippers warming by the fire for them all ready to toast their tired tootsies..You are already halfway there man, she's already got very nice "very expensive"slippers waiting for you.All you have to do is turn up with a nice bunch of flowers, and cook her supper.(shoes off,slippers on of course)and life is complete.Bite the bullet.

What Girls Said 4

• Wow, I don't like it when people go through my house with shoes on cause it makes a mess sometimes, but I'm not going to make them take there shoes off just cause I want my house to be prefect. If they make a mess I just clean it up you can't keep a house perfect forever its bound to get dirty.

• yes, your fiance is right. we have the same rules and I'm living with my parents. I would still implement this even in my own house. Tell your mates to be more considerate.

• I can understand what she is doing in many ways. I started this when I started de-stress course. Part the thought is to leave the outside world out there, so not to bring in the negative and hardship of the day. So besides the Therapeutic reason, there is the saving the rug, marble, tile too. Respect to your customs, I feel is in order.

• Lots of my family have people take their shoes off in the entry hall, especially right after they get the carpets cleaned. Carpet cleanings aren't cheap so it is very understandable that if the house has a nice carpet, especially if there are no pets or kids, that she would want to keep it clean.

What Guys Said 2

• Get your mates to take their shoes off. It'll be worth it in the long run.

• Shoes were invented to be worn outdoors. For indoors, we have socks and pantyhose. Taking shoes off isn't only floor-friendly; it's comfortable; it's also a good reason to keep your feet and socks/nylons in a perfect condition!

My wife approves the shoes-off policy, but frankly it is me who am the prime-mover of this policy.