Does it mean I'm ugly?

Nobody ever likes my pictures, at least two of the same people all the time, but they like everybody's posts. The picture I posted was really pretty, in my opinion, which on Instagram, got more likes, but on Facebook, none really. They like other friends stuff which they got a lot more likes. I'm sorry if I sound self-absorbed, I just have low self-esteem. Facebook and all social media is ruining me.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it does, maybe you just post too much and people don't care anymore. I stopped posting things like that and just started posting funny jokes or silly situations that happened that would make people laugh, I get a few likes and it's kind of a nice little ego boost.
    But don't upload pictures all the time. Honestly it more just seems like you don't have many real friends, not that you're ugly.

Nobody in the end is "ugly" nor "beautiful" there's always someone that will find you gorgeous and someone else ugly and vice versa. So just find people that appreciate the beauty you have.

What Guys Said 2

• if you want to have more likes, like everything. it is mutual

• post pic ;)

What Girls Said 12

• Your self esteems shouldn't be based on the amount of likes you get on a picture. I would consider maybe taking time off of your social media networks and building your confidence level up. Whether you have 3 likes, 5 likes, 10 likes, etc. Those likes do not determine how attractive you are or how beautiful you are etc. Learn to love yourself first. Those likes won't help you love yourself and help you build yourself esteem up. Confidence comes from within

• Honey, don't seek the validation of others. Likes don't mean anything. Be confident in yourself. Tell yourself daily that your an awesome beautiful person. Write down all the qualities that you love in yourself. Be you and love being you.

• Of course it doesn't mean your ugly. Likes don't define how beautiful someone is no matter how many you get. I've seen some gorgeous girls who barely get any, while some not so looking girls get a whole bunch of likes+comments. Talking about "slay", etc. 😂😂😂 Your friends will be the main ones who show you love on social media

• Then drop social media it's not important

• Your self worth shouldn't be based on how many likes you receive on social media... perhaps it would benefit you if you took a break from social media for awhile 😊

• "Facebook and all social media is ruining me" ... maybe you should leave it then, delete your accounts and come back when you're ready to? social media won't necessarily help low self esteem!

• Then get off social media. It can be draining to some people

• Why do u need likes to feel pretty?

• You probably don't have many friends on facebook. Anyway, I do not understand why people are so easily affected by such things.

• That's why you don't rely on likes for everything. Facebook isn't real life. There could be a number of reasons for why people didn't like it. Maybe they didn't see it. People don't spend 24/7 on Facebook. Maybe you're one of those people who post so many pictures that they are sick of seeing it. Either way, Facebook is just a website and not something to base your self-worth on.

• They are either jealous or they might not have seen it. I wouldn't take it to heart though, as social media is not reality. It's what people tell you in person that matters.

• Don't gio on instagram or facebook. Don't be like everyone else. Be you. The only reason people use it is to brag. People usually either post selfies of their "beautiful" face or of how rich they are because they travel so much. There is no point to social media like that. It's useless and a waste of time. People are so damn self absorbed. Who cares how many likes you get. First world problems much?