Do guys like high-maintenance chicks?

I have this friend from LA, and he only goes for the high maintenance chicks, he only goes likes chicks who are really high maintenance like the ones who have long nails, with good nail polish or french manicure, pretty feet, who know good fashion and are very stylish, yeah but not too much makeup just like any other guy, so do guys usually like these kinda chicks, or medium maintenance and laid back kind

im not saying that chicks shouldn't take care of their nails, feet and appearance etc though just talking about the girls who take it up a notch or 2 or 3 lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't stand them - the more fake they are the less attractive they are. Give me natural all the way around - little make-up, hair that actually moves in the wind, no fake nails and no implants! And as far as body goes - I don't want someone who looks like they are going to break in half if I were to get on top of them!

What Guys Said 18

• I dated a really high maintence chick once never doing that again, she always always wanted new things and everything had to be a certain way or she freaked out, no joke if her hair wasn't perfect or nail polish wasn't perfect on one foot or finger she wouldn't step out of the house.

She was a pain to deal with, so most of the time when she would whine, cry, bitch or complain about something, I just said whatever and told her she had a grand total of five minutes to finish getting ready and if she wasn't ready in that time frame I would leave, and yes there were times where I left and just said screw it, and went to hang out with my friends at a bar or something, sure I would come home drunk and she would be all p*ssed but who cares not like I listened. The only good thing about her was she was really hot but other than that, she was a waist of my time, and well I traded her in for a new model just as hot with out the drama and high maintenance issues.

• Can't stand 'em myself. They're nothing but drama and trouble. Give me a low maintenance girl next door any day of the week.

• High maintenance is okay as long as she's not tryna make me pay for all of her stuff. I'd rather have a medium maintenance and laid back kinda girl though.

• Most guys are put off my this sort of behavior. We like more 'organic' women usually! We don't mind styish girls though, as long as they seem comfortable to be with when they're not all made up.

• personaly I hate high maintenance women I like someone that can be confident in who they are naturaly and not need six layers of make up on to look decent if a girl has confidence it shows atractiveness not saying some make-up is bad just not need a lot of it or can go either way with it

• Hate 'em.

• High maintenance is alright as long as she doesn't take hella long to get ready. One thing I can't stand is I'm about to go hang out with her and she takes too long to get ready. Pretty feet is a must I'm a foot fetish dude if she got ugly feet its pretty much going to ruin everything lol

• Lol OMG he has a foot fetish too he doesn't even bother lookin at chicks if they have bad feet no matter how good they are, but that's a bit shallow lol but I understand everyone has their own taste, but I didn't notice how much guys notice feet until recently I thought only foot fetish guys were into it but normal guys like good feet too

• By high maintenance, if they ask too much of me.. I'd be really annoyed and it would be a turn off.

But high maintenance in terms of a girl who really does everything she can to make herself look good.. That really depends.

• no. a girl that spends that much time on herself doesn't have time to spend on me. Not trying to sound selfish but I mean that is part of a relationship. you spend time on each other not just yourself.

• not really. Just depends on the guy.. if he's fake, he'll get one of those hi-maintainence girls...

• NO WAY!...HELL NO. High Maintenance girls are seen as headaches...no decent guy wants to put up with a girl who thinks the world revolves around them. It's selfish, inconsiderate and disrespectful...

Girl that are high maintenance are just lookin for sugardaddies to help them pay for their expensive and lavish lifestyles...

• Nope. Too much money, too fake, too much "extra" work. I think those kinds of relationships are fake.

• high maintenance chick isn't on my want list I like the simple girl down to earth

peace,

• no way

why would I ever want a high maintenance girl?

I mean if I see an attractive girl, I will be attracted to her but wouldn't want her as a girlfriend

• Amen to that.

this is exactly how it is!

i've got 20 years of experience with this :)

• they intimidate me, cause I know they can get whoever they want and can sleep with whoever they want ( if they're attractive)

i don't bother too much hassle to worry about

• True that, I would think the same for a high maintenence/metrosexual guy

• i like girls that look good. different for every girl. some womens bodies and color are so beautiful they could wear a garbage bag. other girls need a little help.

• High meantenance is a turn off, don't want a pincess who will bitch and complain and expect to be treated like one...

• Its not that he goes for high maintenace chicks, its the glamourous type he likes... I'm in exactly the same boat, I like girls that are lady-like and generally look after themselves. They may only like Gucci etc, but that's because they can afford it!

What Girls Said 7

• I think when I guy tells someone he likes a high maintenance girl, it's his shallow self talking. A high maintenance girl comes usually thin, good hair, good nails, and more often than not, they're EASY to get to the bedroom. But they also have a bad attitude, something some guys just refuse to put up with!

Everything I read, the answer boils down to maturity of a person. Guys that like that high maintenance girl, it's easier for them to say they want a thin, and "perfect" girl without coming accross shallow. But I see riiight through that.

PS. Your friend is from LA, LA is high maintenanceVille and there's never going to be a shortage of easy, high maintenance women, why would he give that up for "someone special"?

My opinion.

• Ur so damn rite , but I never thot high maintenence chicks were easy

• They're the easiest to wine and dine to get into their pants. It's not unless you're trying to consider a serious relationship with them that they start becoming extremely difficult/dramatic.

• i think guys want it both ways, they want girls to look gorgeous, but not spend much time/money at it!

• wait wait WAIT.

just because a girl likes fashion and likes to have clean nails doesn't make her high maintenance.

and you can't blame her for having pretty feet either.

high maintenance is more a personality trait than a look. that's what people (especially guys) don't get.

you can be ugly and dressed like a beggar and still be high maintenance. if you expect too mucb from your boyfriend, complain about him and the world every second and need 200% of attention and money.

so yea, please think before you judge next time..

sorry if I sound rude, but I'm tired of putting up with this sh*t...

• You mention he's from LA ... I hear the city has its own kind of superficial culture there.

• i feel like generally, yes.

• i wish there would be more guys like your friend :-/

the girls you described up there usually only get one night stands.

at least that's how it is over here.

does your friend go for those girls for a fun night or a serious relationship?

• You know what? you got a point there, he might be also into 1 night stands, but by high maintenence I meant the general meaning you know the whole stereotyped definition of being a high mantenece chick,, although I never sasid that high maintenece chicks are bad just asked which ones the guys prefer

• Ok, then the answer is easy: jerks and players wouldn't mind high maintenace girls while decent guys would.

• And here's why:

The more effort a girl puts into herself, the more effort she will expect from her man. The more she seems to obsess over unimportant, trivial things, the more she will expect her man to as well. A man who with entirely selfish motives who only wants a one night stand doesn't care about what he'll have to give back to her because it's not his concern. But a man who is seriously considering a relationship does consider that.

• high maintenance girls take a lot of effort and care into looking attractive. guys are visual. their first instinct is to notice attractive girls. so an attractive girl will obviously get noticed and have a lot of guys noticing them. now that doesn't mean guys can't or won't date a medium maintenance or laid back girl either. there are guys who like medium maintenance or laid back girls because they believe it sends a message that she is naturally comfortable with themselves. you can be attractive and medium maintenance and laid back too. some guys will say they hate girly girls but say what you want about them an attractive feminine girl gets first looks off attraction alone. after that comes personality. as long as you're decently attractive you can have guys that like you. so to answer your question HM girls have benefit of the best looks usually but there are other qualities that's important if the guy is looking long term.

• Damn you're right , guys won't ever admit it but they sure do like those girls too but they are only afraid if they marry em its gonna be lots of expenses to deal with like spas, salon, clothes, bags, shoes etc

• I won't lie. We admire the look. But we treat it like a sleek jungle panther: Beautiful to behold, from far away, just don't get too close for your own sake.