Girls, are high heels really THAT uncomfortable? If they are, why do you wear them?

Silly question, I know, but I am curious about it. Occasionally, I hear women complain about high heels being uncomfortable. How and why are they uncomfortable and if they are so, why bother wearing them?
Girls, are high heels really THAT uncomfortable?  If they are, why do you wear them?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a silly question at all. I hate high heels and I'll never wear them. I only go for one inch and that's it. High heels are dangerous to wear and it can cause bunions, low back and back problems in general, and it and damage your spine by the way how you walk over time. But because it's 'sexy' to most women, or it's supposedly 'mandatory ' in certain work environmentso, and crazy rules of the 'fashion police' and now how Japan is expecting ALL women to wear high geels, this is why they still do unless they have a real love for those shoes.

What Girls Said 31

• They are uncomfortable and I don't wear them on the regular. If I do, it's for a particular outfit where they just look good OR because I am going somewhere formal.

• Once in a while there are comfortable pairs but the majority are very uncomfortable. They start off okay-comfortable and begin to get painful as the night/day progresses. Really, I only wear them on special occasions. The higher they are, the more they hurt. Usually the pain is on the bottom of the foot because the position makes us press down so hard. The best way to explain the pain is standing so your toes are flat against the floor and the rest of your foot is lifted for an extended amount of time.

• They aren't uncomfortable when you first put them on, but as you're walking around, your feet get tired and sore. I only wear them on special occasions, because it's formal, or to feel taller, etc. They don't hurt when you're sitting down, only when you're on your feet for an excessive amount of time.

• Yeah, they are uncomfortable, and I don't wear them every day, only on occasions. Wearing high heels aren't good for veins (causes vein to widen or smoething like that). As a teen I used to wear it daily, why? Because I wanted to be a lady like and I thought I will be more feminine and attractive.

• Yes they murder your feet within minutes.

• For me it depends on how high are they.

• Yes they are 😭 I wear them because their certain outfits you just gotta wear heels with, I don't go around wearing them everyday tho.

• I refuse to wear them. I'll wear wedges or shoes with thick heels but that's it... I don't know how women walk around on those sticks but I know if I even tried I'd fall and break both my ankles and possibly even my neck lol

• Because it makes our legs look sexy! I only wear them when I know I'm not gonna walk much.

• Depending on the brand, they can be super uncomfortable or extremely comfortable. If you pay a little more, you'll have a pair of shoes you can wear the whole night.

• Try on a pait and walk around.

• They are not comfortable. After sometime, they start to hurt your feet, and it feels like needles literally stabbing your feet.
    Some of us wear them to look taller, and others for fashion. 😊

• To impress or compete or have a sense of power.

• Not to me. They are really only uncomfortable if they aren't the right size

• i dont wear uncomfortable heels

• It depends on a lot of things when it comes to heels. I only wear them when I either want to or going somewhere formal. Besidessssss heel look good. The best thing to do is to find a heels that works best on your feet.

• they aren't uncomfortable. i love wearing them.

• They kill your feet and I don't/ can't wear them so yeah. I'll wear wedges on very special ocassions

• Yes they are murder to wear, and as silly as it sounds it's called vanity!

• Not really some are and some aren't

• I had a hostess job that I quit after a week for various reasons but they made you wear something with a heel. After the first day I could barely walk. I'm also overweight though so I wonder if the added pressure didn't help

• Over time you get use to them. Love High Heels!!!

• I love wearing them you get use to them

• Nah, I been wearing heels for a long time. Your feet get use to them.

• Love heels!!! It's just a myth that heels are uncomfortable.

• Stilettos are but they're sexy so why not wear them
    Lol

• Nah after many years. We get use to them

• I wear heels like a lot. Some heels are more uncomfortable than others.

• I no longer wear them. But women who do wear them in order to look prettier.

• As silly as it sounds, even though they hurt, you feel different in high heels than if you wear flats. You feel more dressed up find that they give you a different outlook. It's hard to describe. I guess it's like a guy wearing a tuxedo somehow. You just feel different. Most women only wear heels when they are going to something special where they don't have to do much walking.

• More from Girls
    1