How can I measure my bra size?

I'm 20 now and I still don't know what my bra size is. I buy them from shops then hope they fit based on prediction. But some are too tight, some loose, some have long strap some have short strap. I don't wanna go and get it measured by specialists as I don't want them seeing my boobs, i feel embarrassed. I never show anyone them, only my future husband will see them. How do I measure them?

3mo Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't recommend going to a store fitter since. Many still use the outdated method of adding inches to the underbust so the experience can be very hit or miss. It's easy to measure yourself to find a good starting size to try. Finding your right bra size can take a little time since it involves trying on lots of bras in your size that are different shapes. Knowing your shape is just as important as knowing your optimal size. For example, a narrow, projected, full on bottom bra is not going to work for you, even in the right size, if you have a wide, shallow and full on top shape.

http://brasizecalculator.tk/
    This sizing calculator is the most accurate one out there. It uses modern sizing, the same way all modern bras are made, so you may be surprised at you size since most people are used to the 1950s sizing (32-38 A-D). In modern sizing "D cup" is not a set volume, it changes with your band size. 28D is for a very small busted person, contrary to the misconception of "D cups are HUGE". Take a look: www.brabandproject.com/.../search

Here's some more info on how to size yourself correctly and how to wear your bras properly.
    brasandbodyimage.com/.../
    www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    bustyresources.wikia.com/wiki/Busty_Resources_Wiki
    http://www.bratabase.com/

What Guys Said 6

• If you go to a good/high end underwear or department store they will do it for fit and measures you probably.

• By a professional. There's also videos that tell you how to measure yourself but go do it by a specialist. You don't actually take your shirt off to get measured

• If you want you can google bra measuring charts

• im actually really good at that.. i can help you!

Loll

lmao.. im glad you took it well.. i thought you would get mad and block me

• Victoria's secret workers measure you with your clothes on. lol

• You can google the measuring chart

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, go to a good shop to measure them. If you really do not want that, look on the internet. But to get a good, correct measurement, you will need some help anyway.

• Wear a thin bra or no bra. Measure your band (in inches) right below your breasts, then measure your bust (nipple level) and calculate the difference. 1 inch = A 2 = B so on and so forth. Check a chart to make sure. That is what your rough bra size is. It doesn't take into accont the width or fullness of the breast so you will have to try some on.
    Finally a question. If only your husband will see them, what happens of you get divorced or have to go to the doctor?

Lol yes of course 4got to mention that.. I just mean I don't want a someone else measuring

Lol okay was just a little confused sorry

Thanks for the advice:)

• Most places measure over your clothes. Just wear a tighter fitting top for best measurement.

• Eh some bras I wear C and some D depending on the model. Just grab a few and try them on in the changing rooms.

• You're a 20 yr old woman and you don't know how to measure your bra size?
    What planet do you come from for heavens sake?
    Just google for bra measuring charts, hopefully in a language you understand.

I've actually read somewhere that a lot of women still don't wear the right size

That's true, but at least they have the basic idea as to how to measure.
      Of course the only proper way of finding out, is to go to reputable lingerie store and have yourself professionally measured.
      But of course you don't want to do that. smh

• They can either help you in an underwear shop or like I did when I was a teenager, I'd just try on a few different sizes until I'd find my one, it isn't that difficult