What do you think about women who wear makeup every day?

I'd always been 90% natural, with the 10% of makeup being eyeliner, bit of dark circle concealer, and some Chapstick. About two years ago, I was bitten by the makeup bug. It started off slowly, buying the nicest brow pencil here, and getting some essential mascara there. However, I kept it all under wraps, and usually only wore it during special occasions. Then the Kylie lip kits came out... something about them triggered a frenzy. I went to Sephora and discovered the matte lipsticks by Kat Von D and decided to purchase two. Now I want to wear makeup all the time! My husband can't handle and he called me vain the other day. I secretly love that he prefers me without makeup, but it stung when he said that because I realized he was right. I used to think girls who wore makeup did so to hide their insecurities, but now I see how it enables vanity. Do other people view women who wear makeup every day as vain? I dont want to be vain! The problem is that I know how good I look with makeup on and I don't know if I can go back!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear makeup for vanity. I like expressing myself creatively and makeup is another way to do that. I can make my eye colours cool and crazy colours or I can wear a bright lipstick to cheer myself up. Of course people think it's all about changing yourself or vanity but it's no more vain than wearing a nice pair of shoes.

So true! Clothes are like makeup.

Exactly! He's upped his game in terms of taking care of himself and looking a certain way and so have you. I'd say that to him the next time he says anything!

Thank you for MHO :D

What Guys Said 12

• Not attracted to them because I hate makeup

• eh as long as I know what's under the makeup I don't care

• not attracted to them that much

• Nothing really.

• I usually stay away from those women.

• If your husband don't like it, then don't use it cuz you already have what any girl could want.

• Not gonna lie but makeup is nice, but I don't mind if a girl wears makeup or not as long as it's within certain limits.

• They are probably insecure about something

• I hate. I love women who trust themselves and don't need to wear makeup

• Its good when they wear make up. I'm just glad guys get to be natural and still look hot

• Sometimes when I see a woman with a lot of make up, I just feel like take my finger and write "wash me" on her face.

• i dont have a problem with how often women wear makeup.. my problem is how much they use...

its so ugly when a woman is all makeup.. i wanna just take a hose and spray her face off

What Girls Said 10

• It's just something people like to do. If you like the way you look, you stay in budget, and your friends aren't like "honey we need to talk..." You're fine!

Like how dare you enjoy the artwork you created on your very own canvas?

Enjoying the way you look is not vain. It honestly really bothers me your husband would say that. Like you're only allowed to be happy and proud of how YOU look when HE approves? That's ridiculous.

• I believe that wearing makeup is your choice. It is wonderful you're with a man who wants you to embrace your natural beauty. If anything doll up on occasion, wearing less makeup not only saves time, but is overall better for your skin. I used to do the whole nine, contour, highlight, eyeshadow, eyeliner, fake lashes etc. now that I have graduated highschool I don't feel as pressured to doll up every day. If anything I put on a moisturizer and a brush of mascara! I don't believe it makes you vain at all! In the end what really matters is that you are happy! Makeup is fun, can really boost confidence, overall I just believe you should do what makes you feel your best!

I really find it addicting almost. Like I still need to get contouring products and all the brushes. I like that it makes me feel girly, but it's so stressful. I've been having days where I don't wear any at all and i feel self concious but at the same time it helps to think that I'm actually saving money by not using the products so quickly lol.

• i don't care for makeup, though i do occasionally wear it for special occasions (ie: parties). on a daily basis, i only wear lip gloss... maybe lipstick in a neat colour, if i'm feeling adventurous, but that's it.

if a friend of mine wants to wear a bit of makeup because it makes her feel cute and beautiful, i won't stop her. but, if someone's makeup is so caked on that you can't tell there's a person under the war paint, then yes, she's vain.

• I love how some men think we wear makeup for them. I wear it because I want to, not to attract a guy.

• Honestly you should not give a shit what anyone thinks

• No, I do not believe you are vain. To me being vain would belong entirely absorbed in your appearance and your concern with that leads me to believe that you are not in fact vain. Your confidence seems to be boosted in your appearance by wearing makeup so continue doing that if it makes you happy, hope this helps.

• I don't think it's vain.. It's just so fun to put on!!!

• I wear makeup everyday, full face, Glamazon and I don't care about those who don't like it. I stunt on the hoes who try to front and put me down about it (I look better with and without makeup everyday).

Unless you bought it, fuck out of my face about it. Vain is all about attitude, not appearance.

My boyfriend prefers me without makeup, but doesn't care about me wearing makeup since it enhances the beauty already there.

IGNORE THOSE WHO DON'T PAY YOUR BILLS!

• They're awesome I love makeup... I don't need it but it's fun to use different colors.

• They have a lot of time on their hands.