Are tank tops slutty?

Do you think tank tops are slutty on a girl?

I like wearing tank tops because I like the way I look in them, but sometimes when I wear them some of my family members tell me that I'm showing way too much skin and that I shouldn't wear tank tops. I don't even have particularly big breasts, they're 32B, so they're not hanging out too much or anything. Their comments hurt because I feel confident in tank tops because I like how my arms and shoulders look in them. :P

So do you think it looks slutty when a girl wears a tank top or do you think they're maybe just jealous? Thanks so much! :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear tank tops all of the time. If someone thinks it's slutty because you can see my arms then you can go find yourself an Amish community to live in. Come on now.

What Guys Said 19

• No I don't think that a tank top is slutty but I do think that they are not meant for non buff people. Their style is designed to show off certain muscles on a person. If you don't have those muscles then it usually always looks a bit on on them. My female friend wears a tank top but she is wearing a guys style. It tidally looks out of place on her. Even though she likes it better than the women's style because she has broad shoulders it still does not look right. It is even the same with women in women's tank tops then need the muscle tone for it. As an undershirt their fine.

• Only low cut shirts look slutty, or ones that have that very low cut back where almost the entire back is showing. Tank tops aren't slutty at all. They're probably just jealous, or they are totally Cray-Cray. :)

how is a back slutty?

i just wondered bc to me i think tank tops look way more revealing than back exposed. tank top is like an undershirt.

i dont think clothing is slutty. just looks awkward when too exposing.

• As you age people will constantly try to project their ideals and insecurities onto you don't bother with them they're jealous of your youth, beauty, and vigor. Plus we only live once so fuck em... Your body your choice.

• I suppose they are because I quite like them. They show cleavage, size, curvature and (if cold, turned on or braless) pokies. That's the closest a breast man gets to heaven without nudity.

• No, since I wear tank tops too and I'm a man. But mine have provocative designs like skull and crossbones and space aliens on them.

• No tank tops look fine but you could go for full sleeve polo shirts. Depends on what you wear them for

• I love tank tops , nope

• I don't use the term slutty,
    A girl who likes sex likes sex

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• I don't know how you look but I don't find tank tops to be slutty or it matters that people say you should be bulky to wear one (male).

• I'd say in most cases yeah. It's kind of on the borderline.

• no they are ok.

• not at all

• nah they dont , they look sexy

• Yes.

• slutty behaviour is slutty, for instance fucking a guy who is not your boyfriend.

• I think its conditional. In general they are not slutty but I think that if you combine it with more clothes that have less fabric as well then it may come off a little slutty.

• Guys call them muscle shirts, when we wear them, and no, they're not slutty. Sounds like you just have conservative parents

• It's slutty

What Girls Said 27

• Depends on the tank top and how it's being worn. Most of them I'd say no they're not Slutty at all. I have ones that are, they're very sheer and when I wear them I don't wear a bra, that's Slutty.

I think your family members have issues and need to learn to mind their own business. If they think you're showing way too much skin in a tank top what do they expect you to wear to the beach or pool to swim in? Unless you're Amish or something like that don't worry about what they say. A tank top does not make you a Slut.

• Are T-Shirts slutty on guys?
    I swear anyone who thinks that is just ridiculing themselves and not even worth wasting your time on.

• I wear tanks a lot in summer. and love them. But I wear the ones w/built in bra. are yours loose fitting? do you wear a bra?

I wear both tight and loose fitting ones, depending on what I feel like. And yes I do wear a bra. :P

• In my opinion, no. I wear them all the time and love them. *Some* tanks are not that great, yes. But somehing looking slutty, in my opinion, is more an attitude thing than what shirt you're wearing.

If people dont like my tank tops, then that is just too bad for them. I alter my style for no one.

• Definitely jealous family! There is nothing wrong with wearing a tank top. Just rock it girl and wear what you wanna wear :)

• Lol nope. I wear them mostly in the summer. They are good for horseback riding. Your family members are just jealous.

• No its not slutty just when you have big boobs and theyre all out haha but its normal to wear them i know my family would say this too but because theyre very conservative lol

• . I don't know i can't wear that little clothing and feel comfortable. its just too much like being half naked wearing just a bra. im not comfortable with guys wearing them either. worse actually bc they usually have arm pit hair sticking out. gross.

anyhow nice ones can look classy i guess but basic tanks just look like under shirts.

• No they're fine and a saviour during the hot weather.

• Don't listen to them. for heavens sake there's nothing wrong with wearing a tank top.

• Nope, it bascially a t shirt without sleeves. There is nothing sexual about shoulders and arms.

They're jealous because they have bingo wings. 😂

• i think it all depends on the way it is worn

• I don't think so. I think they look super cute.

• Clothing isn't slutty because anyone can wear them. What if a little kid wears one? Is that kid now a slut?

• Of course not, your family should just shut the fuck up instead of saying shit.

• No lol

• Thats why they aren't allowed at school

• i don't think it's slutty

• It depends on the tank top. Some show more than others

• I dont think they are slutty

• They are not slutty at all. I love tank tops

• No they aren't slutty !

• I don't think so

• Not at all.

• Depends on the tank top.

• I do not consider them slutty at all.

• Not really. But I think you should not wear them either way because some people might think they are.

Better to wear normal stuff like t-shirts