Guys, do you consider a women high maintenance or snobby/bitchy for the sole reason of being well dressed (dressed up)?

I'm most comfortable in a cute skirt, dress or dressy romper and I am constantly being asked who am I dressing up for or who I am Trying to impress when this is "just me".

Most Helpful Guy

• nope i dont consider her bitchy for that reason.
    the people who think your trying to impress anyone by dressing well is their problem, they have small and stupid minds. so dont worry about them

Most Helpful Girl

• People mostly think it's unusual to put so much time and effort - and money ultimately - for just everyday things... events...
    So they presume you have some function or something - or they think you're rich...
    it's understandable you want to look your best every day, but the reality is - most people don't have the time or the patience or the energy for it every day, so they see it as strange since they just don't get it, can't relate.

What Guys Said 13

• No it a good thing she takes pride in her appearance. I consider it smart of her that she realises we live in a society where looks matter in order to get ahead,, she won't be one of the underachieving masses.

• Nope. I'd say that line if we saw each other day and everyday it's jeans jeans jeans and then 1 day out 250 days you were a fancy dress lol I'd be like who you trying to impress 😜 but nah I base thag on her personality

• The best answer to that question is to simply answer 'me' as in yourself.

• No. But if you ignore most guys then you would be considered that. That's good that you want to look good more often!

• i prefer a girl that dresses normally but has a good not arrogant personality
    arrogance is a major turn off for most guys

• the initial response of seeing a women dressed that is "probably drives a fuckin SUV lexus" or somin. haha. they dont seem to be as chill/laid back as casual dressing, jeans and tshirt type girls.

• no, its her actions that tell us that.

• No snobbery its more about attitude for me.

• nah not really

• It just means you have high self-esteem I wouldn't change that for anybody

• sometimes, but not always. I guess it depends more on the way she is carrying herself.

• The thing is, you're not just doing it for yourself, you're doing it for others too, trust me

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Guys like this tend to be super casual and very chill about their attire so they act like something that's not casual and chill is "dressing up" lol Either that or you make them feel underdressed and/or fashionably challenged. I'm a lot like you where I'll wear something just because I feel like it, like the colors, like the way it looks/feels on my body, or felt like being creative with the material and guys never say that to me.

• I do the same! *Always* over dressed to some extent. I really hope not, although I do get shit about it from my guy friends (pretty sure they're just messing with me though).

• I dress fancy as well, and i think most men view us like that because of our actions, not because of the way we look.

• Some of them are like that unfortunately.

• As a girl who likes to "dress up" I can say this; some guys might while others dont. The ones who are casual see casual as normal so anything nicer is automatically to them "dressing up" I would rather be labeled a snob than a lazy bum. I see a lot of people walking around in public with their pajamas on, baggy sweat pants and slippers! If thats casually dressed then I dont want that lol. Your personality is what matters and any decent person will know that and see that.

• I dress up for my job all the time. I have to wear very well dressed clothes. If a man finds that too intimidating, then he can f off ;)

I find it interesting that you assumed the OP is talking about men... might want to examine the reasons behind your assumption

She did say guys... I personally understood that as a literal translation because it was followed by women and OP didn't omit guys if she wanted the question answered by both sexes. There are questions in this forum directly asking one or the other sexes for opinions it's not uncommon.