Is it strange to be really interested in and excited about skin care?

I don't really have problematic skin but for the last few months I've been engrossed with researching all the best skin care and spa products. Yesterday I finally went out and bought all the things I really wanted and I am sooooo happy! It's really not that much- just some really good facial cleanser, exfoliant, and moisturizer, a few bath bombs and sheet masks too- but now I've got this renewed self-love going on and I love it, I feel awesome. I've never used so many products that I've had to establish a weekly routine but now that I do I'm... excited? I just feel that this is such a strange thing to get happiness from.

62

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with wanting to look *and* feel better. In fact, that is just great.

Most Helpful Girl

• Na some people do. I used to. There are whole forums dedicated to this stuff, so you're definitely not alone in this.

What Guys Said 1

• If it makes you happy, why would it be 'strange'? :P

What Girls Said 5

• I went through that phase when I was 17, so last year.
    I researched way too much on that, and while I did learn something about myself and came to the conclusion of if I want to pursue a career in that field or not, I still feel like I wasted hours and hours for nothing.

And I was also filling up shopping cart to buy cleansers, creams, shower products and so on lol.
    But thankfully, I did not actually purchase them at the time.

• Nope, if it interests you, I don't see an issue with it.

• It's okay, I feel the same way about exercising, sports, reading, and writing. Ever thought of becoming a dermatologist? You seem really passionate in that.

• I'm already committed to a very different career, but I could consider going to college for that :)

• No, it's not strange at all. I have a similar obsession with hair care :p.

• A bit narcissistic to be honest.