Girls, How Do I Get Over My Fear of Using Razors on my Armpits?

I know this seems kinda pathetic that I'm 18 and I'm still terrified to shave my armpits but something about it is just causing me a lot of anxiety to the point that I cry a bit due to how frustrating this is for me. I'm always fearful of accidently cutting myself and I always hesitate just before its about to touch the skin. It gets so bad that I end up not doing it no matter how bad I want to, but the fear just makes it so difficult to do so.

My mom ends up yelling at me when I don't do so, and yells at me telling me to stop being so fearful like that's gonna automatically make me feel any better. Then she does it for me and says "oh that wasn't so bad was it".

I've tried using my electric razor since I don't have any problems with it cause the razor isn't touching my skin but the same thing happens. I don't know why it's just my armpit I have a problem with.

My friend has suggested waxing but that's painful to do.

I don't know where else to go for tips and such since my mom obviously doesn't understand the way it makes me feel whenever I try to do so.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I've honestly never cut my armpits while shaving them. However, if you're that worried, you can give hair removal cream a try.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd recommend an epilator but those hurt more than waxing in my opinion
    Or you could use hair removal cream (but dont recommend these since it consists of too much chemicals. )

• You could try Nair. I hate that stuff, but if it's your only option...
    Also, your mom has no right to do that. And she shouldn't feel like she does!

• I've never had a problem with shaving my armpits to be painful, I've never even cut myself there.

• Hair removal cream is the answer to your prayers.