How do you keep your nails from breaking and peeling?

I have small nail beds, so my nails are small as it is but I can't even get them to grow past my fingertips without them breaking and peeling. I can't explain it but they're almost flimsy. What do you guys do to keep your nails strong and prevent that from happening? Biotin? Keeping nail polish on them? Etc.

2|0
7|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, longer fingernails are a pain to keep up. It might help if you don't let them get too long, but at a medium length. I would have to recomend if you want strong nails to use something like Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Hardener. I find it very helpful and keeps them from chipping.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• maybe being careful will help

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to buy some calcium tablets which is vitamin D

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Try increasing the calcium in ur diet by either eating calcium rich foods or calcium tablets... nails need keratin to be strong n that comes from calcium... nails get their keratin from calcium... the reason y ur nails keep breaking n peeling off is coz they rnt strong... get calcium in ur diet n u r good to go :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i've had this issue a few years back when i was VERY UNDERWEIGHT... my hair was brittle af and so were my nails... i put on weight and its solved now

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't pick shit

0|0
    1|0
  • Stop using nail polish for a while. Regularly apply natural oil ( olive or coconut) or vaseline on them especially after a bath. Plus fake care of your diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wash dishes then wear gloves... Mines are strong from a healthy diet, get plenty of diet

0|0
    0|0
  • Diet and shaping them well

0|0
    0|0