"Beauty is pain" - do you agree or disagree? Why?

Threaded eyebrows, waxed body, bras, high heels, spanx, etc all hurt but does beauty exist without pain?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree. There's nothing more beautiful than waking up next to the girl you love and seeing her without any makeup, her hair in her face, and sleep gunk in her eyes. That's better than any Vogue cover.

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think high heels are beautiful, and not really in order to be truly beautiful physically you need to work for it lol, even the people that are "naturally" beautiful still somewhat make themselves prettier... beauty isn't pain ! but i guess trying to be beautiful all the time can be annoying but its worth it in my opinion

and most of the things you mentioned aren't painful... maybe painfully annoying to do though !^_^

What Guys Said 11

• (insert cringe alert here)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes there's nothing more beautiful than being comfortable in your own skin.

• Disagree. Beauty can be pain, but not IS

• Haha, girls just think they need to do all that. All they need is good genetics and decent hygiene. Afterwards all the paint and pain is unnecessary, even if girls think it actually matters.

You just need the right shape and a pretty face.

so it's ok if we're hairy

Well honestly I don't really care, the genital region should be trimmed for general hygiene purposes (lots of hair there gets smelly) but otherwise to me it's completely irrelevant

• You forgot about plastic surgery

• No. The mental anguish of being ugly is far worse than any of that shit.

• to a certain extend... yes

• If you call that beauty.

• Disagree, I don't do any of that and I'm beautiful 😘

• All that shit is fake beauty. It's just a facade. Natural beauty requires no pain at all.

• Agree totally

• Disagree

What Girls Said 12

• Beauty exists without pain, but culturally there are things in society we find beautiful that sometimes require pain or discomfort (like nice eyebrows, smooth & hairless skin, heels, tight clothes, styling your hair with heat, contacts, etc.).

• Beauty doesn't require all those things...

I rarely wear heels or make up. I get my browser waxed once in a while. I wear Bras that fit well so they don't hurt. I feel beautiful..

• Sorry, but I'm laughing at the guys who voted "no". 😂
    Beauty is pain, even for men, we can't deny that.

• Yeah.. I do agree to an extent..

• Waxing and threading doesn't hurt.. I don't know it's relaxing to me. Bras also should be comfortable. Anyways some pain is always involved

• I think bushy eyebrows are ok, a razor is good enough, spandex will make you feel uncomfortable and high heels are pointless as far as men go as they don't give a s what shoes you wear and put us though unnecessary discomfort. If someone's attractive, why bother going so far and if they're unattractive who cares. 😊

• I disagree. Some of the most beautiful people I've ever seen lived very naturally ( no make up, no shaving, minimalistic clothing/lifestyle) Actually, I find grooming to the point of "perfection" to be very boring.

• 100%

• Maybe at first, but you get used to it

• Beauty does exist without pain.

• I agree!

• yea I have to get laser hair removal because I have hirsutism which makes me hairy. if pain is what it takes to be normal then I'll take it. guys have it easy.