Do guys prefer girls that wear tons of makeup, no makeup, or a moderate amount of makeup?

just wondering because a lot of my guy friends say they hate it when girls wear tons of makeup, yet those are the girls they date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls who wear tons of make-up generally look bad when they don't wear it. Smart guys know this, and won't go for the girls who wear a lot of make-up because it's a shallow attempt at looking pretty. However, guys will still fall for overdosage of make-up because it can make a girl look extremely attractive at the same time.

I prefer a girl who looks fine without make-up, though, to be honest. I think it is more innocent and cute, and the girl didn't have to wear minerals on her face to impress me. In that way, I like it natural.

• Does wearing tons of makeup like mean something in a guys mind? like being easy or something?

• It doesn't necessarily mean you're "easy", but it does symbolize a more-than-usual effort to look good. A guy might see the girl using extensive make-up as a symbol of too much insecurity about her looks and too much influence from the media on her appearance. Or, it could symbolize a girl's attempt to gain attention through being different and eccentric.

I'm sure some girls do wear a lot of make-up to make themselves look "easy", but you need a lot more than make-up to look "easy".

What Guys Said 4

• wearing little make-up is usually indicative of someone who is naturally pretty which is, for me, a very good thing. too much make up tends to look tacky and unattractive as a result. girls who wear too much make-up also seem to be wrapped up in their appearance way too much which distracts from more important things like personality. often, the make-up becomes a barrier to hide behind for self conscious girls too

• Clowns should be the only ones wearing a ton of make up. If a girl wants to wear makeup it should be minimal.

• Do you think fake eyelashes are clownlike?

• As long as they don't look fake they're fine.

• Little to no makeup is preferred to me, unless it is done really well, in case a moderate amount can also be attractive.

• A light amount of makeup.

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly think that MOST guys are lying through their teeth when they say they prefer a girl without make-up. I think the people who answer and say they prefer girls without make-up are attempting to appear like they're not shallow or they have no clue about make-up (most likely) If you point out or think of any girl you find attractive in day to day life (not a celebrity), I can almost garauntee you that she's wearing make-up. Most girls would not be around the guys they find attractive with red, splotchy, uneven skin tone and tired looking eyes. The "natural" girls guys are talking about probably just don't cake on make-up and are sparing with eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara.

The best make-up job a girl can do makes it look natural! So any natural looking girl that guys find attractive did their make-up to look that way. That's how I do my make-up and I don't feel un-natural with it.

• Yeah I do my make up the same way, I'm talking about those girls that like plaster on the thick eyeliner and mascara during the day time

• I agree that make up like that looks ridiculous. I guess when a guy says he likes girls natural he means "not too much make-up, but enough to look good" lol.

• well, maybe they don't notice that they wear a lot of makeu and notice what she is REALLY like and see beyond the skin. and maybe they do but at the same time they probably just seem to look past it in order to make it work. but to everyone, makeup isn't to make I so that everyone sees it its just to DEFINE your eyes and face. not a dress up day...l0l.

• most guys don't really know about makeup. when they think tons of makeup, they think heavy and clownish. but you can wear a lot of makeup and make it look nice so the guy thinks you don't have much on. maybe they are confused and think their gfs don't wear a lot of makeup when they are natural or only emphasizing a little bit