Should I get a navel piercing?

I've been wanting to for awhile now but I have some concerns.
How bad does it hurt to have it done?
How long does it take to heal?
What does it look like when you take it out?
And would it not really look all that great if I'm not completely toned in that area?
Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it didn't hurt that much. It takes very long to heal. Mine healed in 4 -5 months. I've heard it can take up to a year. When its out it just looks like an ear hole. Bigger than an ear hole piercing. But its still pretty small. in my opinion naval piercing look better on people who don't have abs.

What Guys Said 3

• I think they're hideous

• Yes you should. I think they're hot. But not the dangly ones, just the studs/balls. And i think even with a little flesh on your tummy it would still look good.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I had mine done but it rejected because I pierced it myself and did it badly. It didn't even hurt then that much.
    I'm not good person to ask for all these questions because I pierced mine badly but if you're going to professional piercer then I see no problem getting it done because it looks really nice.

• Yes you should get it pierced. It's not the worst pain in the world so it's really not bad at all (I'm not saying you won't feel anything, it still does hurt a bit). I've got no idea how long it takes to heal. I've heard it takes 6 months. It's okay to get it even if you're not completely toned. I can also imagine it won't look that great when you take it out.

• I've never had one. 😕

• If you really want to, get one.
    -My friend told me that it only hurt her the first day.
    -Around 3 months or so.
    -It's small so I wouldn't worry about that.
    -It's fine if you're not completely toned. But it won't look that well if you have a lot of belly-fat.

• No they look tacky