Would you allow your teenage daughter to dress like this out in public? Why or why not?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe depends (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not. That's only acceptable if you're at the beach or swimming pool, but going around the city dressed like that is completely unacceptable.
    I will teach my daughter to know how to present herself in a positive way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely would not. As a parent it's my job to teach her to reapect herself and her body, and that is she is freakin gorgeous without having to show off her entire body to the world.

Well if it's a hot day it isn't necessarily about "showing off her body".
      I mean would you have a problem with your son walking around with his shirt off outside?

@HulkkSmash yes obviously it is 🤔lol. Alright there bruh. Well this is America and you are free to do with your kids as you please, as I am. World still goes round. 🌍🌎🌏

Hey i dont disagree with that.

What Guys Said 52

• If she's my daughter? No I wouldn't let her

• Yes. I cannot believe that I am saying that, but yes. And I am one of the most conservative members on this board. I think that as a parent, you need to pick and choose your battles. Ideally I would not want my daughter to dress like that, but more than anything I want her to remain a virgin until marriage and trust me on more important matters like the utter depravity of teenage males who will inevitably hurt her. That said, I would be more willing to turn a blind eye to things that other parents may freak out about. I would know that it is because she wants to feel sexy and have fun with the opposite sex, but I would be sure to teach her that there is such a thing as boundaries, and that sexy fun has to remain just that: sexy fun. She cannot derive her values or sense of self from it.

There's other ways for a girl to feel sexy, and as far as sexy fun is concerned, that normally always leads to sex down the road

It is just, how do you find that balance between being a good parent and being over controlling? I want my daughter to respect what I teach her, and it seems that the stricter you are, the less seriously girls take you.

• Yes. Because that is swimwear, and not inappropriate.
    I'd love more angles from that pic, because if we had them, we'd likely see she was either at, coming, or going to, a beach.

Yeah I'm sure that's why you want other angles lol

• She looks 11 or 12. I'd allow it at the beach. otherwise too sexualized.

• depends on the girl's age and what kind of person she is. if she's over 16 and has proven I can trust her then yes.

• Lol, No. Heavens no. Put on a less revealing shirt and I'd be ok with it.

• No, because they'll have self-respect.

• Looks like I better work harder cos my daughter can't afford no clothes.

In all seriousness , only at the beach but knowing teens , like she wouldn't take off whatever I made her wear as soon as she's out of sight lol

• No she's too young and I wouldn't let my daughter dress like a prostitute. But honestly I'd hope to raise her well enough that she wouldn't want to wear that in the first place.

• Can i even tell her what to wear as a father? Seems like nobody cares nowadays, its always her body her rules and all of that.

I would not let her wear that, only at the beach i will allow it.

• Nope.

• hell no. she would have to wear actual clothes.

• The girl in the picture is Ekaterina Rybova and she's 19.

• Sure, if she was hanging out at the beach

• If it wss to the beach only I think I'd be OK with it. Walking down a public street or going around town, probably not.

• No, she will receive negative attention and won't attract the right kind of guy (s). I wouldn't even want her to dress like that to a club.

• Depends. Depends on the purpose and intention the teenager had with that outfit. If the intention was to show a certain style or something or something she thought was pretty aesthetically, then sure I would let her. If the intention was to show her body and put it on display for the pure sake of bringing attention, then I wouldn't let her, as I do not defend narcissism and self-centered behavior.

• Hell no

• I'd feel very uncomfortable about it but i wouldn't forbid it. I'd fucking hate it but it's really her choice in the end

• nope definitely not. im not raising sluts.

• I'm not sure. I mean, it doesn't cover *less* than a bikini

• Only at the beach

• To go to the beach? Sure, if thats what she really wanted I can't really stop her. Id give her my 2 cents though.

• If she is going to the beach or something sure. by the way she is holding something in her hand which looks like a blouse so she probably undressed after she left the house. U can't control that as a parent

• Yes sure what's wrong with that?

Too much for a little teen, it looks like she wants to be 22 when she's really 16

Something is sexualized because of how other people see it. Doesn't mean we should stop wearing it, people need to change their mentality.

Wrong. It's sexually provocative because she is displaying her body and highlighting her assets.

• I think no matter what that little cutie wears she's jail bait. Not her fault - she's blessed with a womanly body at such a young age. I'd be flipping out if I was her Dad

• Yes, but only if she wants too and only after i give her professional UFC fighting training. I m not joking, i would give fighting lessons before sex education. Moreover, i would let my daughter learn , i will always be there for her.

• No. Dressing like a slut will not attract good quality guy's. It is crazy that girls think they will attract a good guy with this behavior. It's crazy to sexually objectify yourself and expect to attract a guy that will not do the same.

• Not if she looked like that lol that's just asking for trouble.

Then my parents are right they don't let me 😁

@Triss yea dressing like that attracts all types guys and stuff and those guys could be terrible people

😁😁 good parents ! Good!

• Yes, because it must be nice to chill somewhere feeling the wind.

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 64

• Yes why not she looks good if she likes it. I'd dress like that if I looked that good.

So what if black men (ages 21 or older) start hitting on your 16 year old daughter because she looks good dressed like this would you still be ok with that

I didn't know she goes to bad areas like that where they can pose threat. In any normal place it's okay though.

Wait, 21 year old black men hitting on her is wrong, but white men is ok? LMAO

• Over my dead body.. 😑 I don't want perverts or any sick people to harm my kids or even look at them in a bad way

Exactly. If other people wouldn't hit on her (may even think she wants the attention) then those clothes wouldn't be risky.

I think so too. I bet she'd have 25-40+ year old guys potentially trying to talk to her too.

@cavmanier true.. and I won't blame the guys..

• I mean...

I dress like that on my property/at the beach/on vacation all the time.

Plus... if she could pull it off and was a mature, responsible person and didn't wear it like... in the grocery store or at church or to school or something... then I don't care.

Also... what kind of teenager? Like...15 and under? Probably not. Sixteen and over? Sure. And if she were 18 or 19 (technically still teenagers) I kind of have no business telling her how to dress. Ya know?

• at the beach yes anywhere else? no. a little class is nice.

What if your teenage son wanted to walk around with his shirt off outside on a hot day?

But why, if they're outside and it's hot a lot of people are bare chested or have bikini tops on.

because like I said I believe in class

• No. Just no. My daughter will dress modestly if she's still living under my roof, under my rules.

• No, only on the beach. It shows too much. I don't want to be a grandmother yet xD

• I won't raise bitches neither want one, if she wants to wear these clothes she better don't get back home bc i won't accept her

• I'd be a little concerned because we really don't wear that stuff in England, it's a bit too cold, but I don't really have the right to control something as small as my child's clothing.

• I wouldn't even dress like that myself!
    The only time that's acceptable in my eyes is when you're going swimming.
    I wouldn't allow my hypothetical teenage daughter to wear that when she's younger, but if she's over 18, those sort of decisions about what to wear are up to her.

• Depending on climate, weather, neighbourhood, age, her sensibility... Certainly not in some sharia law-ridden country or anything...

The question is - Would you let your teenage SON go without shirt in public on a hot day?

• Depends on the age ! You can`t really do anything about it when they get older, but I´d say for the beach ok, otherwise never !

I agree, for the beach ok, or even around the house, otherwise put a tank top or shirt young lady

you can definitely do something about it regardless of age if she lives in your house. you just say she's not allowed out of the house until she changes.

• At the beach would be ok but not out in the city or school

• If she wanted to wear this sort of outfit as casual wear, she would need to sit down with me and tell me why, and if she understands the image she is putting out for herself. And, unfortunately, if she is still very young, id tell her to put a tshirt on no matter how good her argument is. Way too young for this kind of behavior, and teen pregnancies are still a thing you know. And the age seems to get younger these days.

• My mother would not definitely unless I was going to the pool and then it would be iffy. I wouldn't myself because I'm more of a prude (I'm quite self-conscious) but if she is comfortable in her choice and isn't seeking any negative attention I believe it would be reasonable for her to wear it as long as it was of her parents consent.

• If she's at the beach or pool, yeah. If she was over 18 she could wear whatever she wanted but I would tell her to put some sun cream on at least.

• No, I wouldn't even dress like that.
    cdn-img-2.wanelo.com/.../full_size.jpg
    If it was like this then yeah.

• As a teenager I dressed like that except I wore miniskirts rather than shorts. Why would I tell my daughter she couldn't dress the way I did at her age?

• To goto the beach, pool, or water park? Yes. Other than that, no.

• My parents didn't let me and I won't let my daughter dress like that.

• nope!!!

• Only at the beach.

• Where she is going and what the event or occasion is would determine for me if that was or wasn't appropriate attire.

• Depends on where she is. If it's at a pool or beach is fine. I wouldn't like it if it's just to go out somewhere.

• I have mixed feelings on this because I know this is something I'd like to do (at that age) but I know the kind of attention it would bring to her and that's make me not want to allow it

• I live in England, it's too cold for that shit.

• Sure if we are at a beach or pool.. There is no reason to be that naked in other public places.

• Hell no.

• Women and girls are sexualized so much in the media and magazines... I'm all for teaching my kids to feel comfortable in their skin, but be modest. Let someone love your mind, not lust your body.

• Depends on the location. Ok at seaside, pool or festival, not in a city

• At the beach yeah

• More from Girls
    34