Fashion Do's and Don't': What do think about a lady showing off parts of her bra in public?

Do you think it's trashy, classy, or perfectly normal? And when do you think it's okay to do it?

Examples are below:

Showing the side straps?

Showing the bra cups under a top?

Or even the (mostly common) visible shoulder straps?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's sexy at times if they have the body but other times it looks trashy

What Girls Said 7

• The actual strap, I don't think is a problem at all!
    The bra cups, I think is a bit trashy personally.
    And the sides is kind of in between, if you're wearing a top low enough to show all your sides including your bra strap, like the first photo, it's a look, and it's intentional and for me it's not completely normal but it's not entirely trashy.

The sex and the city photo, I think looks trashy and a bit pathetic. But that's just me.

• I mean, let people do what they want. As for the bra straps, who cares? It looks like a tank top strap in my opinion, that's the only part of my bra that has ever shown with my clothes though.

I totally agree with you that people should let them show.

I just want to see who else agrees with the fact that it's okay. :)

• I try not to do it but in bra straps showing as in the part on the side and the strap on the shoulder are casual looks. As far as the cups showing, that's a bit too much to me for any look.

Do you think it's still too much even if celebs do it in fashionable dress/clothes?

I get that.

I had another situation but let's not use it for this post.

• I think if you are thin you can get away with all kinds of fashion sins.

Not sure if showing your bra or bra straps is a fashion sin anymore. I personally have an issue if my outfit shows part of my bra but I am old. Apparently now, there is thing in fashion called a bralette and it is basically a bra you wear as clothing. So showing your bra is no longer a fashion sin.

So there you go...

• I don't believe it's necessarily trashy, I'm quite unconscious of any part of my undergarments are showing so I applaud the women who are able to do that without being self conscious.

• 1st and 3rd are good. I sometimes walk around with the straps showing a little bit like in the 3rd pic. The 2nd pic I would never do. Thats trashy.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 1

• I couldn't care less. It's better than ghetto people walking around with their pants down to their knees