Is It Really All About Looks?

I want to hear opinions, guy's when you go looking for love do you first search out the prettiest girl you can find, or the nicest? Girl's when you go looking, do you look for hot guys or the one's who make you laugh? Or maybe different all together? I don't care who you are, or who you like ( guy's or girls ) just your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• i look for something special in the face...cheekbones, shape of lips...ofcourse I check out the butt and hips like a split second later...but dating material the first are a must...im not saying the girl has to be super doll pretty because that may also be a turn off...there are some girls that are considered ugly to other girls that look attractive to me...just because a girl has an opinion about herself doesn't mean that a guy sees the same thing...if a girl feels a little ugly a guy might think to himself, "is she for real?"

What Guys Said 9

• Looks only get them through the front door. Yea I agree that you can't really go looking for love..For me I don't really look for dates either. If I go out and see a good looking girl I'll go talk to her. If we hit it off maybe I'll ask her out sometime... But I don't care how hot she is if she doesn't have a good personality and is a nice person she's out...There's also been times when I have met people who I didn't really find attractive not ugly just not my type. Then spent some time around them for like work or whatever surprise myself and really started to like them..

• I don't think you can go looking for love, it just kinda sneaks up on you and you can't control who you fall in love with.

Looking for dates is different, it's mostly based on looks... there's some physical attraction so you date to see how well you get on and if there is a connection.

I only ask out girls I find attractive :) If she has no personality then there won't be a second date and the initial physical attraction fades. If she's funny and kind and has a great personality then her attraction increases.

• I second that. A very honest and realist response.

• I go for women who look good, she doesn't have to be a super model or anything but attractive to me is a must even if its just me that thinks so(if that's making any sense)

• I'll first be attracted to a girl if she's hot or cute. After getting to know them a little bit if she has a great personality then sure I'll take it a little further with them. If they don't well then I'm not going to do that. If the girl dresses slutty and flaunts her body then I'm going to assume her personality is like that. I like a girl who looks good and dresses modestly, but not too conservative if you know what I meand. Exceptions go when we're at the pool or the beach though haha.

• Attractive appeal is the initial reason we ALL make an approach. That's how important it is in most cases.

• i have to want to have sex with here before ill even approach her. they say that women make up their mind if theyll sleep with you in 5 seconds I think a man does it in 1. then everything else comes. so no its not all about looks.

• Looks are definitely a big factor for me. Honestly, there is an absolute zero percent chance I would date a girl that I didn't find very physically appealing. But I also need someone who I can relate to emotionally. I need someone who is similar to me, and if that is not there then the initial attraction fades, with no connection I won't be attracted to someone either. Both sides are important, and I could not be with someone who is lacking anything. Plain and simple though, I could have a fling with someone who I didn't necessarily connect with, but was attractive, but an unattractive girl will only ever be just friends. No intent to hurt anyone's feelings here, just pointing out the truth.

• its nice to have but isn't a requirement

• id like a pretty girl, whos nice to me.

its all in the eyes and connectivity, I guess.

What Girls Said 10

• I would say it's an equal combination of looks and personality. Honestly, you can't lack either because you need to be at least a little attracted to the person you're dating and when looks fade you need someone who can still entertain you. I wouldn't say so much as looking for "Looks" as it is more of looking for someone you're attracted to.

• I go for the guy that looks good. Why would I want to date an ugly guy? No matter how nice you are if I'm not attracted to you I'm not gonna want to touch you. Why would I want the nice ugly guy who makes me laugh when I could have the nice hot guy who makes me laugh. It may be shallow but I could never date someone I wasn't attracted to no matter how nice they were.

• i usually go for the guys that make me laugh and I have a good time around.. but most of the ones I've falled for and now just great guy friends.. but I spose if I didn't like what they looked like I won't go out with them if they didn't have a great personality.. so.. looks is usually around the middle..

• I wouldn't go for a guy that wasn't attractive, so I suppose you could say I go looking for attractive guys.

• well I like guys that make me laugh, that's probably the biggest part for me. in the past I usually took guys on there looks and then personality, but this time it was personality and then I guess it highlighted his looks.

• Personally I usually think people are good looking and notice them, then I get to know them and fall for their personality, but I often find the dropg dead georgeous boys tend to be cocky, bigheaded and arragant, but yet I wouldn't want someone I would be disgusted to call my boyfriend or to even look at. So I think the boy should be good looking but with plenty of faults, and an amazing personality (:

• i like when a guy can make me laugh...he definitely needs to have a nice personality and he also needs to know how to have fun. looks... I like a guy with a cute smile nice eyes and hair.

• It's not ALL about looks but looks plays a big part, we'd be lying if we said it didn't matter. You don't have to be perfect but take very good care of yourself and always look your best, this will increase your chances of getting noticed by guys. But don't forget about personality because no guy will truly want to be with a beautiful girl with a bad personality for anything real.

I go for both. I won't go for a guy that I'm not attracted to, but I won't settle for a hot guy that doesn't treat me right either, that can be just as bad.

• You have to be physically attracted to somebody before you want to talk to them. That's just the truth. This goes for both guys and girls. Thing change when you get to know them, but for the most part, looks do play a part! I don't believe any guy who says it doesn't. No guy falls in love with your personality from across the bar. That comes later! So yes, in the initial state, its all about looks. Your attitude and behavior comes 2nd.

• I don't think talking to someone should mean you're judging what they look like. It's a little - or very - shallow and means you might be missing out on some wonderfully interesting conversations.

I do think, however, that looks are a huge part in being attracted to someone, whatever your tastes might be. But most people don't have to be attracted to someone before they talk to them. Impressive people come in every form - let's not forget that!

Just my wee opinion.

• When I meant talking to them, I guess I was referring to guys approaching girls at bars.

• its all about the hair and making me laugh! and I like guys