Tomboys and makeup?

I'm a tomboy and makeup isn't my thing but tbh I really like wereing mascara and eyeliner. I look a bit better and I'm very insecure so I feel prettier. But I don't own mascara and eyeliner. I sneak in my moms room and try it sometimes. But I have to take it off right away so no one knows. I want to tell my mom I wanna wear some makeup but I'm afraid. It just doesn't seem like me. So can someone give me advice on how to tell her... I also don't have that great a realtionship with her to. Help me?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Just tell her you'd like to wear it, if you enjoy wearing some makeup that is absolutely fine, just because you fit into the tomboy stereotype doesn't mean you are confined to it and can't do things that don't associate with that stereotype.

• Just do it, she really shouldn't have a problem with it unless she's a really extreme sort of person. Tell her that you think it looks good, plain and simple.

• I really feel you. I have a horrible relationship with my family, especially my mother. I've just had to DO things sometimes even though I know exactly what's gonna erupt. A huge argument, maybe hitting, and then ignoring me. Personally I always try to hide things and do things on my own terms- I try to buy things myself when I'm with a friend or something. But if you can't do that- I think you've just gotta be upfront and ask her.