Would red hair bring a lot of attention?

I have severe anxiety. I want to do you hair red but I am afraid it will bring attention to me. I don't want that but I do want my hair red. Should I do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you. Maybe dye it a deeper more auburn red. Sometimes you just can't help how other people react to you. I know it's hard. I actually love dying my hair and have since I was 11 but I've been scarred from all the comments and tension about it through school and public. Teachers would make jokes and the class would laugh, I'de be called names, stereotyped, and my family hated it too. I loved it but it made me feel bad. I always keep my hair up now. You can never win aha. I would still say go for it. Deep auburn red colors are so beautiful to me. And if you're afraid of attention- there are definitely ways to hide it. When there's a will there's a way.

Most Helpful Guy

• natural red hair? or some strong fake one? if it's the latter one... yes. if it's natural red hair... most people won't care

What Girls Said 7

• It does bring attention (my hair is red). I'd still do it just because of how cool it would look.

• It depends on whether you want it fire engine red or a more natural shade of red. Generally speaking, a very bright and unnatural color will draw attention to you. Either way, the people who know you will notice that you changed your hair color and might comment on it, but don't let what others think, say, or do keep you from living your life and doing what you want with your hair.

• It will bring some more attention to you but it may help you boost your confidence since I'm quite certain you'd receive compliments for the boldness of your hair.

• Everytime you die your hair it will give you attention. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Anxiety is a mental illness that is hard to cope with, but foing things like this will make you feel like a conquerer.

• Nope.

• it brought a lot attention for me

• if your going to dye bright red that probably will get my attention

What Guys Said 1

• If your ready for shit from some people and is your hair long or short? And how red are you wanting because if your wanting bright red hair then I will tell you that you will get teased for looking like a scene kid from 2007.