Do you guys believe in it. Have you been in it? and How do you define it? It's out there it has to be, or I don't know what I'm living for, as far as a soul mate sort goes...

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never been in a relationship or even held hands with a girl I liked but I believe it exists. As long as there are men and women who believe it exists, it will. I believe it's not something easily defined. It's more of a state that emerges from the will and relationship of two people. If a man and woman love each other with all everything, that is the time the true love will come into being. It's not something that happens to us. It is something we create. I believe it is the ultimate happiness and the ultimate high.

It's what you, me, and many others strive to have. As I said, I have never felt it, but I believe I will. Call it the intuition of a someone born into a world where partnership and relationships are intrinsic and beautiful. I have no religion. I am an atheist and I don't believe in god. Love is, instead, my religion. I've felt love for others of course, but not in a relationship so I cannot say. All I can say is that there is no other feeling like the longing of your heart for another. The heat and pounding in your chest that stuns you and violently shakes your world. I imagine over time it cools but that the embers will always be there, smoldering with comfortable warmth.

Aren't you the same? I feel there is someone out there for me. I think I will know when I see her. Or perhaps when I speak with her the first time. The feeling that, in the sea of women, this one is somehow different and special. She is for me and I am for her and we both feel it. Every word draws us closer and I stare at her intently to try to determine why I am so enamored but I cannot find anything. But it is something I feel with my entire being and my entire existence.

*cough* or so I imagine. I hope my dreams are not unceremoniously bashed once I have my first relationship. Good look to you and everyone else. :D

What Girls Said 17

• Yes I do believe in true love...I think its the greatest feeling!

Even though you feel like you're suffocating when you don't see them, you'll feel on top of the world with every second that you spend with each other..despite the good times or the bad.

You'll know its love when:

-All you can think about is them

-Everything that happens to you, they are the first person you want to tell

-When you here about an accident on the news or something, you get worried if its them

And sooo much more..! True Love definitely exists.

• Sounds like infuation

• Sorry..but what is infuation?

• Infatuation? I think he means it's really being into someone, often called "young love", but hell that's the only love I had and even as I'm older I still think it was the real thing

• I don't believe in the imagined 'true love' ... I understand people fall head over heels for each other. But that's not true love. I think that actual, real, deep true love comes with time. Love in my mind is knowing the other persons good and bad and still loving them despite not being perfect. True love in my mind is something you have to work at and achieve later in life. That's how you see the most adorable older couples together, because they've always stuck around for each other and never gave up.

• So true love is a commitment I can see that...but do you think too people have to be open and willing to stick to that commitment? if you' re willing to stick with a person that long, that could be the true love?

• There are many reasons why (other than love) people are willing to commit to one another. But I believe a happy couple, a truley in love couple will only exist if there is a dedication between the two, a kind of bond and understanding between each other that can only be made over time. Otherwise a couple is just lust and learning to know each other.

• I do believe in it.

But now these day it's very hard to actually find that.

Some are lucky but most are not.

Even I believe I'm not mature or old enough to experience true love yet.

True love can't be exactly defined, but I believe it means where two people know truly each others good and bad sides and still can say "hey I've seen both your sides and I still accept all of you." and where with that they also go through the tough times and are still willing to work it out and stick together.

And you know that common wedding vow line "in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad" when couples say that they usually, well most of them, just mean the good times - that's why there are so many divorces now these days unfortunately. But when there are couples that say that and truly mean it and go through with it, because actions speak louder than words, then that, I believe is true love.

• I believe that true love is simply this:

Even if your partner irritates you, even if your partner frustrates you to the point of ripping out your hair, if they are loyal to you, and if seeing their smile lights up your day, and if holding them in your arms makes everything okay again, then you're truly in love. If you can goof off and have a good time. If you can play. If you can lie in the same bed together without HAVING to do anything sexual, but still enjoying sex. And most of all, if you care about each other just the way you are. That is what I believe is true love. Not the perfect prince or white castles or horses. Just as simple as looking across the table and seeing everything you want.

• This is how I define it - per my experience*

- Weather I BELIEVEin it , is another question entirely ^ ^

You feel like the person is with you everywhere you go- not in an oppressive way, just there all the time like they are waling with you, making your decisions with you, when you can feel their eyes staring into yours when they are 10, 000 miles away.

I begin to suspect I am in love, when t physically hurts when I leave the room, away from their presence.

The sense, in looking into thee eres that they have been here for 10,000 years, that they are just this soul covered by shapes, they do not look like a person, just peaces of your soul.

The knowledge that you are going to see them again- whenever that may be, fills you with a sense of peace & light I can not put into words...

(& that light is never forgotten)

• i believe in true love...but I can define it..u just feel it...! no question asked...no answer to give...just love...! it ain't out there for you to find...its out there for you to discover...! just..live ur life, how ever it runs...! u'll just bump at it...!

• Can't define it I mean

• Absolutely, I think people get caught up in what it is supposed to be, they lose sight on what it really is, something so powerful and deep it can't be defined. They can only really define what the feeling is, and if you haven't ever had that feeling than that definition doesn't really make sense, it's out there...my only question is do you have to find someone who thinks and feels the same way to have a shot

• Nope...! you know..no one really knows how other people feel no matter what they say to you...! why don't you just let the feeling guide you to someone...? and sometimes, what they say that opposite attracts, is true...! she may think the opposite...but when you get together...you will realize that the differences in your way of thinking balances your view to the right one. just let the feeling flow, guide but don't let it overcome you.

• Maybe I'm just a girl and they fed me to many Disney Princess stories but I believe in it . But I haven't found it yet oh well I'm only in high school I have time for that serious soul mate whatnot in my later years lol. You have to believe in it in someway otherwise it would be kind of sad to think there wasn't true love right?

• True love... I believe it has to do with fate. I feel that all our lives has been planned out by a supreme being and that if we are meant to meet him/her, we will. But personally I don't believe there is truw love for me,I guess its because I've been rejected 9 times in my life. No one ever asked me out or anything like that so I'm so you guys can imagine why I am so negative about this issue.

Have you been in it? haha NO :'(...Wish I have though.

"How do you define it? It's out there it has to be, or I don't know what I'm living for, as far as a soul mate sort goes..." read above

• I believe there are soul mates out there, but there are more than one. I believe these "soulmates" are just people that are compatible with you; people that have similar interests and quailities. People that value what you value, has a similar view of the world as you, but at the same time is able to disagree with other stuff that are not as important, and be okay with it. I believe I HAVE had a "soulmate" (it was just a guy that I felt like was the right one for me) and due to circumstances he had to leave the country, and he's not comming back... ever. So what does that mean? Am I going to be alovne forever, because he was my soulmate? I don't think so! This happens all the time; we just have to deal with it. There are other people out there for me, just like there are people out there for everyone.. you just need to be patienent.. ?one half's timing and the other half's luck? ;) -Michael BublĂ©.�

• Thats what happened to me too... exactly she was a foreign exchange students, never had feelings since but I do also believe there are other people that can give me that feeling. but some people (IMO) just jive that feeling that is so rare.

• There is deffinatly true love. That real love when you just feel like nothing could be better than setting a hug from your sweetheart or just stairing into there eyes. It's amazing. Like when you can't do anything except think about them but hey, it just makes you smile more. When they live to see you smile and you live for the same. I love my boyfriend, and everyone deserves to feel like this. It's surely out there, just keep your hopes and don't be afraid to take a chance. If you love someone you'd do anything to be with them and if it's true love you'd forget that and just do anything to make them happy. It's amazing.

• It is most definately real...I've been with my guy for 4 years now and I love him with every inch of me. I won't lie though it can be difficult at times, love isn't always easy =( you cannot really explain in words what love actually is, but when you love somebody I do know, you except every flaw, you never judge, your world would crash if something happened to that person, you would stand behind them through anything, and if you are in "love", you will definately know it!

• hi there :)

your answer is yes true love does exist if it didn't exist, well life would be boring as hell.

i been in love and then out of love and now I'm in a relatonship where it feels right and I know I love him and he loves me back :)

im going to be honest love can be define no matter what you say because love takes shape in different forms and shape, it could be a friendship love turn into something else. Love just happens and you will know it :) true love is out there just got to look for it :)

• I believe in it. :) I don't think I can truly define it, but I know that when you truly love someone, their happiness comes before your own, and you'll willingly give up your life for that person. They become the most important thing in your life, and you can never stop thinking about them, and you can never imagine being without them. It sounds cliche, but it's really true. I feel that way about someone right now.

• i think true love exist, that's why I take risk with new people because you never know. true love is the only thing to make somebody feel out of this world joy but sometimes also the most hurtful pain in the bottom of your heart. I'm not sure if I've been in true love or have met my soul mate... the whole subject is hard to clarify because its so complicated

• i beleve in true love, I think I have had 1 true oved and let it get away.

• I don't believe it, never have and never will. Nothing is ever built to last anyways. Love kicks you in the ass so many times - you just wanna run away from it. Which I have done already :)

Most girls (maybe guys too) think it's love just to have a freaking ring on your left finger - Tell me what does that prove? Besides the fact that you're with the person.. Rings can come on and off of your finger..

• Absolutely marriage means nothing, I can see the significance of being committed but as ring does nothing to prove that. The connection between two people, I guess that's something that is pretty powerful, and if its a strong connection it could be pretty powerful, but that's only me.

• I believe it exists but not everyone finds it or the divorce rate wouldn't be so high. People tend to get blinded by money, social status, etc and get involved in relationships for material goods, not for love.

• This is the problem with people valuing physical looks so important, no one is really that attractive after 45 50.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, you can feel the heat of it when you have it! Never felt that? Try Asian women then!

• True Love is a concept that was designed by society to define an emotion that nobody could describe.

If you research what Love trully is, it's the release of several chemicals into our brains that make us feel calm,happy (like endorphins do),sexual and alive.

Does LOVE exist? Well, the emotion exists, people just fantasize about its definition because it becomes more "magical" and "creative" for their brains to process.

It exists when you create a connection with someone so strong that every time you are with or without that person your brain always thinks of that same person.

Its all psychological.

What does exist though, is someone out there who is compatible with you and your lifestyle 100%, which means you and that person not only gain an intense connection but at the same time live life in an almost problem-free way, because both want the same things in life and live very similarly.

• True love takes time to develope, when things happen to fast the interest you have for each other burns out fast.

• I'll tell you what love is, and from it I'll let yall decide who you truly love and who loves you... and it's my favorite bible verse, so... "love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."-1 corinthians 13:4-5... Just as God loves you that is how you must love someone to find true"love. it seems these days the word "love" is missused on a daily basis by the masses. a lot of people feel strongly towards someone else, but a lot of the time it is lust mistaken as love. while you have to be attracted to the other person you can't go into a relationship and expect to find true love if you look at a relationship as a way to gain something for yourself. Another huge issue is what people build their relationship on. If you build in on lust or anything else of man it is almost certain to fail. But if you build it through God it will be "built to last". Again. Build through God. Be selfless. Find true love. (note: both people must go through and implement both pre-req.s for it to work.)

• I don't believe in it. This thing that people call love has hit me head to the wall so many times, that I just became cold and emotionless. Now if I have a relationship its mostly out of convenience or if I want to f*ck its because I wan to have sex and some fun. For me love is simply infatuation over exaggerated. Its an irrational interpretation of reality.

• As cynical as this sounds its the closes to actual reality, out of all the answers, personally I can't always live in reality.

• As of this moment no...

• What does it mean to a person in an arranged marriage...

• I was in a relationship for 2 years and I thought it was true love until it ended so I guess it never was

• Well...True love is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend

• Hahahahahahhahahahha

thank god people like you exist

doorbell rings: Hello?

guy at door: hi

mitch: can I help you

guy: yeah I'm here for the ganbang

• Haha. All in fun my friend

• Amazing :)

• I believe in it thanks to the princess bride :P:), yea but really I've definitely loved allot of girls, in totally different ways. I think true love is really more of moments rather than a constant eternal feeling. I mean moments when you know you and the other person are in pure bliss with no thoughts in the world. All you see is each other for that moment, and the rest of the world sort of stands still. Those moments are burned in your head for the rest of your life whether or not you stay with the person. Moments of euphoria, and you can still feel exactly what that felt like, even years later. I know cheesy but whatever, I don't know if true love always exists between two people, but I would say that there are definitely times when I've truly been in love with a girl and both of us couldn't care less about anything else what so ever.