Can you pull off a business casual look with jeans? Also is a little stubble beard ok or should I go clean shaven or with a trimmed goatee?

I have a leadership summit and I have to give a speech at tomorow since in a senior for the freshmen who live on campus. I'm a RA/CA depending in the term your more used to and the letter said I need to be business casual. I planned to wear dark blue jeans, dress shoes and a light blue button down shirt but my girlfriend said that isn't business casual and i need kakhi pants but I don't own any and I'm not wearing kakhi shorts or a dress plants for a 30 minute speech. Also I'm unaware about what I should do facial hair wise.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's fine to pull off a business casual look with jeans. A little stubble beard is alright, but I think it would be a little more professional if you went clean shaven.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I sometimes have to install computers or network cabling, so I show up in jeans for every job since I don't know what I will encounter when I get there. Wearing collared shirts and black Nike sneakers helps the look a lot.

Sorry, forgot to mention the beard. I personally don't care for it, but I see no harm as long as it's neatly trimmed.

I wouldn't worry about looking older. I've been in this business since I was 15. For years I was always the youngest person working in any office I've been in. They didn't care about looks, they only cared about what I knew.

Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0