Guys in their mid-twenties who love jazz music?

Hey ladies! Do you think that it is weird for a guy in his mid-twentys to love jazz music? I love all kinds of musics and it usually helps when connecting with new people but whenever I tell someone that I'm into jazz music they get that look on their face like if I'm the guy who is too serious and doesn't know how to have fun.

Would you think the the guy is weird if he enjoys jazz or classic music? (I learned piano when I was a kid and I guess that it stuck with me)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. I like all kinds of jazz and blues and classical music too, and most people would never think that of me just because of my outward appearance, haha.

What Girls Said 1

• Jazz and classical are my favorites!! I also like many geres of music, but to me, the raw emotion that can be achieved in a jazz ballad or a tender symphony transcends all other forms of music. Plus jazz can be really fun and lively, with big band and fast tempos and scattin' singers ;) I also play clarinet, which has showed me the beauty of an ensemble of just instruments coming together to create harmonies and colors that no pop song can portray. I would never think a guy is weird for liking jazz!

What Guys Said 2

• I like you kid. Not only are you asking if chicks will think less of you because you like jazz, but you've not figured out that liking anything but what's popular ( and jazz is not the style right now, sir ) gets you the same look whether you like jazz, polka, underground rap, bluegrass, country ( though there is a good reason for that... [shudder] ), or even just instrumentals ranging from percussion to woodwind and beyond.

You youngsters...

• Lol ... I'm not asking if they will think less of me and I'm not gonna stop loving jazz because they don't . Some things don't get the same appreciation depending of the age range of the people you ask and I'm just trying to get a gloval view on this topic. It might not be the most effective way to do it but I won't be afraid to ak because of what some people will think of me. I appreciate your concern thought.

• jazz is awesome!