Belly button piercing. HeLp?

So I'm 14 and I just got my belly button pierced, I'm afraid to go back to school because I'm scared of guys and girls calling me trashy or a slut if they find out, just because I have a little piercing on my belly, any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Deal with it. In 20 years, you'll be laughing at what a non-problem this is. What other people think is irrelevant unless they 1) feed you 2) care for you or protect you or 3) pay you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do what you want hun who cares what they think plus you can always take it off if you really feel that bad about it. Im still debating in whether I want one or not.

What Guys Said 4

• Cover it. No kidding

• if you feel insecure don't show it. but not a big deal. also it looks ugly :p

• Why did you do it if you are insecure? Piercing is ugly by the way.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• I got mine pierced at that age and it didn't really cause any problems. Most of my friends liked it. Most people have a belly piercing these days so it's all good. If you're still not okay with it just don't wear belly shirts though the whole point of the piercing is to show it off.

• wear t shirts... they won't notice

• Here's an idea, don't show your belly.
    But why would you get one if your afraid people are going to judge you?
    I'm pretty sure your generation doesn't give a flying finger about piercings.

a lot of high school aged girls have pierced belly button's. I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal , my guess is other girls your age also got something pierced over the summer and might even have their belly pierced too

• Just don't show it and if you have to, it's no big deal. I had my belly button pierced when i was your age and it is the most irrelevant thing to me now, i almost forget i have it done. Relax, if people talk about it, they will have something/someone else to talk about the next day.

• If you decide that you don't want the piercing, you can just take it out?

• just don't mention it

• I'm 14 too! Well at school you won't be able to show your belly. And if they do find out. Just admit it with a smile. Nobody is going to call you a slut. If they do just laugh it off!

Thank you, I think I just need to work on my self- confidence, but it really does mean a lot.

Oh, then I guess you could keep it. I mean sure some people might think it looks bad, but it's not like it's totally going to change their opinion to date you or not.

that's funny that your mother wanted you to get it , usually its the other way around and parents don't want it , here you can get that piercing for $20