Do guys dislike girls with shorter hair?

I got a haircut three days ago and it's now right at my shoulders, and when I go out alone or with one person, I notice more guys and girls looking at me than before
I actually don't think I look any different, and I miss my longer hair but my long hair was so dead at the bottom that I had to cut it.
I was at work and a man came up to my coworker (who's younger than me btw) and pointed at me and asked if I was her little sister. saying that I look like 10 years old and his daughter who is actually 10 years old looks older than me. no one said that to me when I had longer hair

My hair feels lighter but I lost my self confidence, I heard that guys like girls with longer hair. My boyfriend said he loved my hair because it was long and shiny, and his parents like girls with long hair. I still cut my hair though and when I went to visit him he barely looked at me, but we still cuddled and everything. He said it looks good on me but I don't know he could just be trying to make me happy

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry that people are being so mean! You do what you want with your hair, I'm sure it looks great! Besides, shoulder length isn't even that short! It's still long!

I've had my hair all sorts of different lengths growing up. It's currently at my armpits and while I love my long hair, it's driving me crazy! Not many styles I can do with it as it's super hot out and humid so it's frizzy. But at the same time I feel if I cut it, I am limiting the styles I can do with it.

I think some people look amazing with short hair (like pixie cut short or even buzzed). People also look amazing with shoulder length hair! Ultimately, you do what you feel is best for you. Hair will grow back, and I think some guys definitely love long hair. But there are guys who are okay with whatever you do. Really, your boyfriend should love you regardless.

I highly doubt you look 10. I think that guy was just being rude! People need to stop policing people. Like how do random people even get a say in what you look like? Do they pay for your haircuts, clothes? So how do they think they get a say?

What Guys Said 15

• I think some girls look awesome with hair even much shorter than yours. Unlike most guys I think pixie cuts look great on some girls. (Just not the extremely short pixie cuts.) When a girl has too much hair it can get in the way of her face. Cutting your hair like you did can help set off your face and make it pop. And since your hair was only cut to your shoulders it's not even that short.

• no not necessarily. i think women can look really attractive with shorter hair

• It really depends on the gal's facial structure.. Generally, somewhere between Shoulder length and mid back for me.

• Shoulder length hair is the minimum for me.
    Further than that we are getting into the unattractive category.
    I know guys who don't mind or even like short hair, but I frankly don't know anyone who would prefer them over long hair.

• I have always like some short haircuts

• He's just trying to make you happy.
    When a girl changes her hair style, it can drastically change her attractiveness to me.

• Dislike is a strong word.. just not attracted to

• I find it quite attractive.

• I do not like girls with short hair. At the shoulder would be long enough for me but I like a girl with long hair. I had this problem with my wife when she wanted to cut it short. And I HATED it after.

• Only a few look good with short hair

• Most if not all guys aren't attracted to women with short hair

• Not dislike, just prefer girls with long hair.

• Nope, most guys prefer girls with long or medium haircut.

• When guys complain about short hair, they usually mean shorter than shoulder length and often mean shorter than chin length.

They don't have the female-hairdresser concept of medium hair that women have.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• It's literally hair I don't see why your boyfriend cares so much, I can understand why you did as hair is very important for some people but literally at your shoulders isn't that short.

• Guys tend to like longer hair and I'm convinced that the reason is strongly impacted by evolution. Women with long hair distinguish themselves from men (who typically have short hair). It is a way to enhance your femininity, which is a plus for men.

• My boyfriend and I like it and that's really all that matters. Don't be concerned, and ask your boyfriend what he thinks if you're that worried

• I did the same thing. Whenever you make a change, a commitment, you'll feel this way. No matter how big or small, you'll doubt yourself. Remind yourself that it'll grow back, why you did it in the first place and that you can rock it.

• Men prefer girls with long hair as it gives them something to dry their cocks on when they finished.

• I think it sounds great.